Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford city Hotels

Options
  • 23-02-2020 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

A group of us (30s) planning a weekend in Waterford,The Tower Hotel or the Marina hotel,which one of these would people recommend?.Not overly bothered about the rooms ,but which one has a good bar,good atmosphere etc.
    Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

The Tower is decent, it has a nice swimming pool and sauna too. Handy for the inevitable hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Would go with the Tower. Havant been in the Marina in years but I know the Tower has been recently renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

I like both but the tower for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Tower would be the best out of those! Would also recommend Treacy's if you're after a late, late bar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Treacy's is a good craic if a gang of ye on the beer. Good residents bar and bar opens early on Sunday morning with music. Also has a gym and a pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

molby wrote: »
    Treacy's is a good craic if a gang of ye on the beer. Good residents bar and bar opens early on Sunday morning with music. Also has a gym and a pool.

Sounds kinda what we're looking for!,would you recommend any bars near by that will be lively with music?.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Uisce Beatha is a great bar with lively music on most nights. I think the music starts early enough there too, so it would be a good place to kick off the night. Tully's, Downses and Tom Mahers are also nearby. All good bars with decent atmosphere. Tully's have live music most nights also I think.

Treacy's Hotel can be hit or miss when it comes to quality of rooms, and breakfast. The Fitzwilton Hotel is another option if you wanted to stay near Train Station. Out of all hotels suggested, I would opt for the Tower Hotel. Within easy reach of lots of pubs, restaurants, train station, bus station, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kamiooka

Dooleys is another great central option & the residents bar serves late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Tower Hotel out of your options above.

However I would usually opt for Granville hotel, service cannot be beaten there!

Treacys to be near train station and live music, like uisce beatha next door. Fantastic pub

• Advertisement
Advertisement