Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Trainers

Options
  • 22-02-2020 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for a cheapish option to see if a turbo is for me, need to try get the mileage up during the week and it’s not always easy to get out.

What would you recommend, also is there anything that would connect to an iPad so as to allow you cycle predefined routes etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi Guys,

Looking for a cheapish option to see if a turbo is for me, need to try get the mileage up during the week and it’s not always easy to get out.

What would you recommend, also is there anything that would connect to an iPad so as to allow you cycle predefined routes etc?

Cheers

Halfords do a good cheap Tacx smart. Well worth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Do these trainers adjust resistance etc if connected to an app on IPad and cycling up hill does it get harder etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

you have to get a smart trainer to adjust resistance, I have the Tacx Bushido and love it

I use zwift and think its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Picked this up in my local Aldi this week, its only 29.99 seems to review relatively well, if your only dipping your toes so to speak its a very cheap entry point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

projectgtr wrote: »
    Picked this up in my local Aldi this week, its only 29.99 seems to review relatively well, if your only dipping your toes so to speak its a very cheap entry point.

Are they on special this week or was there just one left from a previous time?

• Advertisement

Are they on special this week or was there just one left from a previous time?

I dont actually know if they were currently on special, there was plenty there , at least 10 id say. I dont normally follow Aldi specials i was just grabbing a cold brew coffee seen them and decided to check youtube for a review and that sold it for me, worth checking your local Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

projectgtr wrote: »
    I dont actually know if they were currently on special, there was plenty there , at least 10 id say. I dont normally follow Aldi specials i was just grabbing a cold brew coffee seen them and decided to check youtube for a review and that sold it for me, worth checking your local Aldi

What Aldi did you see them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

This is an excellent entry level smart trainer, it pairs with zwift and trainer road, resistance level is about the 900 wt so plenty for most casual cyclists, accuracy might be +or- 5 percent but it will do the job for our crappy weather, better than sitting on the couch waiting for a decent day.

G1032 wrote: »

What Aldi did you see them in?

It was in Aldi Bettystown

Advertisement