Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Movable is a Solar PV/Battery Install?

Options
  • 22-02-2020 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Slightly unusual request.

Let's say I spend circa 10k on a Solar PV/battery install on my existing home.

If I wished to move house would it be feasible to take the panels/inverter/battery and install them in another house?

I'm guessing I'd need a new mounting system and cables etc but at a rough guess what % of the 10k would be in the parts and what % for the install? So if it was 8k for parts and €2k for install it would maybe cost me another couple of k on top of the 10k to get it all installed elsewhere.

I'm just trying to get a feel for if this is feasible or how much more it would cost to move the install. I would probably get the same company to do both installs to simplify things.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

blobert wrote: »
    Hello,

Slightly unusual request.

Let's say I spend circa 10k on a Solar PV/battery install on my existing home.

If I wished to move house would it be feasible to take the panels/inverter/battery and install them in another house?

I'm guessing I'd need a new mounting system and cables etc but at a rough guess what % of the 10k would be in the parts and what % for the install? So if it was 8k for parts and €2k for install it would maybe cost me another couple of k on top of the 10k to get it all installed elsewhere.

I'm just trying to get a feel for if this is feasible or how much more it would cost to move the install. I would probably get the same company to do both installs to simplify things.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Don't forget the de install cost from your existing house also.

To be honest, taking down solar panels and re erexting them elsewhere, along with the inverter, battery, sorting out legacy wiring etc, how could it make sense ? Especially considering the pv in your existing house would probably add to the sale value

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I'd also wonder how the roof would be reinstated to original. Would you leave the brackets on the roof?

If its slate you'd have to as the slate is cut to fit the brackets/flashing. You could put new slates on but then you'd have colour differences and if you leave the brackets its going to look odd.

I dont think its really viable to remove them.

Advertisement