Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilfa Classic + Brew Method

Options
  • 22-02-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,
    So after 8+ years of Aeropress coffee at home I took the plunge and purchased a Wilfa Classic+. However I'm struggling to get it to brew a coffee that doesn't taste watered down.
    My method:
    1. 250ml water
    2. 15G Coffee ground using a medium setting (20 on my Baratza Maestro)
    3. Drip rate set to 0.5
    It certainly brews a smoother coffee than the Aeropress but I can't help feeling it's somewhat tasteless. Maybe I need to adjust to a proper filter coffee as opposed to the strong Aeropress brew.
    Anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Seems like a small amount of coffee to me. Maybe try 20g

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'd say add more grounds, it's usually around 60-80g per litre for batch brew like the wilfa so you're on the lower end. Also try going a touch coarser with your grind, almost French press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Your brew depth is too low. You need to add more grounds, it has to have more contact time and the thing that will immediately change your results is at least doubling your dose.

Advertisement