Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber framed new builds

Options
  • 22-02-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope this is the an ok place to post this query.

Myself and my partner are first time buyers in the market for our first home. Initially we had been looking at new builds mainly built by who seem to be the two biggest developers at the moment, I don't want to name them incase that's not allowed.

We have seen a couple of developments we really like and after mentioning it our parents we have been met with a lot of negativity around timber framed homes? My father deals with a lot in the construction industry through tool/plant hire and thinks we should avoid.

I tried searching on here and seen a couple of posts relating to the same stuff my father was talking about relating to certain aspects of building timber framed homes.

Has anyone got any further opinion on this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,650 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think a lot of people have outdated opinions on timber frame, and think it means you’re going to end up with some low quality tiger-era house.

Advertisement