Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vertical pipe added above attenuation tank

Options
  • 21-02-2020 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

booking deposit put down on new house in small new development. Its with the solicitors at the moment. Nobody has moved in yet but the houses and green area were completed months ago, while a duplex and park enterence is completed. Green area was seeded ages ago and apparently finished.

Then two weeks ago, I notice digging in the green area, and when they're done, I see one at least (maybe a second) vertical orange pipe coming up out of the ground. Looks similar to a domestic sewage pipe. It has a cap on it. I looked up the plans and all I can see in the area is an underground attenuation tank. I see nothing about about pipes above ground anywhere, and it was only added weeks or months after they apparently completed the green area, long after viewings etc.

Its ugly, im not sure what it is there for, what problem it is supposed to fix, and I wonder it is a health hazard, or will it interfere with kids playing.

Surely the developers dont think that is finished?

Anyone know what it is for?

503499.jpg
    503500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

It’s likely these are vent pipes off the attenuation tank. They shouldn’t be protruding so high above ground however.

That or they’re risers to underground valves. Does it say anything on the cap? SV e.g.? Would indicate a water main valve.

I’d say it’s work in progress - generally vents are finished with a grille at ground level and are barely noticeable once finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Thanks. Yeah I'm hoping they are a work in progress. And I wonder why they weren't installed at the start?

I'd love an example pic of what a ground level grille should look like? Can't seem to find one online

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

Possibly missed originally and were picked up on a snag list by the engineer. Could be the reason they are only going at them now.

In terms of what they look like, attached would be the simplest and most likely version finished in a grassed area.

Hope this helps. I

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Its a vent.

Advertisement