Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited Goods

Options
  • 21-02-2020 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I placed a few orders with a company back in December, they had site issues with orders not being processed but the payment being taken. They confirmed this when I contacted them and therefore cancelled the orders and refunded them.

One month passes and the orders show up at my door step. As I was away , they were went back to depot with a card being left for collection. A relative collected them.

I returned to the country a week ago and contacted them to inform of this and they wanted me to submit return forms etc. I told them these are not returns but a mistake made by them and they are free to collect them and I will not be covering any costs. They said ok, we will get back to you in 24 hours.

Full week later, they reply saying send them by registered post to following address. Again I told them it was their own mistake and I am offering them to collect the items from my address but will not be covering any postage costs whatsoever.

Anyone else that has experienced this? What is the best way to deal with this? What are my legal rights in this case if they dont collect? How long should I wait for them to collect?

EDIT: They have come back to me saying they cannot arrange collection and I will have to post them and then they will arrange a bank transfer after it to compensate me for shipping. I do not think that will happen looking at the customer service reviews online or I will be waiting months for that refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Simple,

Wait to be paid the postage, before you return them..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The only unsolicited goods legislation (part of the sale of goods and supply of services act) I'm aware of is specifically for items that were sent in the hope you'd buy them, without any request rather than this messup but I'd treat the principles the same - its their responsibility to arrange collection at a suitable time; not you to pay to send them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Find out how much it will cost to return the items, pass on the amount, and tell them you'll return the items once you receive payment.

Advertisement