Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure garage door

Options
  • 20-02-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi, I have had a good look on the forum but cannot find discussion regards level of security of garage door types.

I have an old style 'up and over' type door with a small window above that let's light in, however it is not very secure.

I am thinking to replace with either a new up and over (with glass area above it) or a roller (which would block out light altogether).

While I would prefer some light, security is more important, so would anyone think either of above options would be equally secure?

Both seem to cost similar, however the roller is a single skin at that price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What level of security are you looking for.
    The electric rollers are fine in my view, just have an isolation switch handy to cut the power id going elec/remote control .

In my last place I had a 45mm teak TGV wooden door with a bit of box section on brackets inside when the door is not in use

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭elperello

http://www.overheaddoor.ie/residential-products/thermacore-doors/

These are a good strong construction with built in windows.

(I have no connection to company)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭travist

thanks Calahonda, ... I suppose one that would best prevent a burglary.

Advertisement