Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix has stopped working!

Options
  • 20-02-2020 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm hoping someone here can help me. Yesterday the Netflix app on our Sony Android TV has stopped working. We get as far as the N logo with the spinning red circle underneath but nothing happens after this. I've Googled the issue and I've tried loads of suggestions like unplugging TV at wall, factory reset of TV, forcing the app to stop, updating the app etc but all to no avail. Any advise??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Hi all. I'm hoping someone here can help me. Yesterday the Netflix app on our Sony Android TV has stopped working. We get as far as the N logo with the spinning red circle underneath but nothing happens after this. I've Googled the issue and I've tried loads of suggestions like unplugging TV at wall, factory reset of TV, forcing the app to stop, updating the app etc but all to no avail. Any advise??

Does YouTube app work ok on it? Also check the Google play store to see if that launches for you.

Did you try clearing the apps data/caches or completely uninstalling and reinstalling Netflix (go into settings and then system apps).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Does YouTube app work ok on it? Also check the Google play store to see if that launches for you.

Did you try clearing the apps data/caches or completely uninstalling and reinstalling Netflix (go into settings and then system apps).

Yep. I've done all that.

Spent roughly 50mins on phone to Netflix support. No success. Issue has now been passed on to a higher level of technical support. Every other app is working on the TV so it's just Netflix that's acting up. Absolutely stumped right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,389 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try a factory reset of TV.

Try a factory reset of TV.

Did that yesterday Atlantic, but no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Did the tv just get updated. One of ours (Sony) is loooking to unpack an update since yesterday. That usually breaks something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Is your billing data up to date. New card recently?

Did the tv just get updated. One of ours (Sony) is loooking to unpack an update since yesterday. That usually breaks something.

I have a Sony Android TV too. I believe it updated some time last week. That's my only suspicion. But Netflix was working all the way up to Wednesday before it stopped

johnayo wrote: »
    Is your billing data up to date. New card recently?

Billing is all ok. Netflix is working as normal on my smartphone and tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I know Netflix was withdrawing support for some devices including some TVs but that was supposed to happen in December.

• Advertisement

I know Netflix was withdrawing support for some devices including some TVs but that was supposed to happen in December.

Yep it has stopped working on our old iPad since yesterday too. Working away on our newer Android tablet and phones. The TV is only one year old so I'm assuming it shouldn't be affected by any changes of support from Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EsportSligo

Is your broadband from Airwire? try to share broadband from your mobile hotspot and connect it to your sony tv or other device that Netflix is not working and see if it still not working.

Is your broadband from Airwire? try to share broadband from your mobile hotspot and connect it to your sony tv or other device that Netflix is not working and see if it still not working.

My broadband is indeed from Airwire (Siro network). I did what you suggested using my mobile phone as the hotspot and it worked! I reverted back to normal WiFi and it stopped working again. Is this a internet provider issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EsportSligo

My broadband is indeed from Airwire (Siro network). I did what you suggested using my mobile phone as the hotspot and it worked! I reverted back to normal WiFi and it stopped working again. Is this a internet provider issue?

I have this same issue, started few days ago, it is your broadband provider issue, the only thing you can do is contact them at Monday and report it.
    You don't have to try to change your DNS settings, it won't help, already tested.

Advertisement