Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartzone monitored alarm vs wired

Options
  • 19-02-2020 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I am looking into replacing my old wired alarm. Moved into a house just a year ago and the old HKC alarm installed needs four new sensors.

I was in touch with Smartzone about their monitoring system at €20 a month......they said after three years that I would own the alarm and could choose to give up monitoring but there would be no warranty on the alarm.

Does this sound like a good deal or would it be better to get my old system updated with sensors?

I like the idea of monitoring an an app but €20 a month for at least three years is a lot for me. I am also concerned that I would have no warranty.

Any advice I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No 3 year old alarm will have a warranty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd stay wired....

Get a GSM unit so it notifies you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi guys,

I am looking into replacing my old wired alarm. Moved into a house just a year ago and the old HKC alarm installed needs four new sensors.

I was in touch with Smartzone about their monitoring system at €20 a month......they said after three years that I would own the alarm and could choose to give up monitoring but there would be no warranty on the alarm.

Does this sound like a good deal or would it be better to get my old system updated with sensors?

I like the idea of monitoring an an app but €20 a month for at least three years is a lot for me. I am also concerned that I would have no warranty.

Any advice I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Only problem with that is you need the sub every month to control your devices, even after the 3 years. Have a look at sonoff devices, simple to add to most things and it connects into your wifi for control. Can also be used with the IFTTT app which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 toosweetnwo

I'd stay wired....

Get a GSM unit so it notifies you

Is it possible to add an app to a wired system?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Is it possible to add an app to a wired system?

Thanks!

Yes HKC have a brand new unit out which integrates with most systems, neverlone their own previous one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement