Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitled to Job Seekers Benefit?

Options
  • 18-02-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I moved from a permanent job last year to a contract role. The contract role was for 12 months where i expected it to become a permanent role after that. However, now it looks like it wont be made permanent or even extended after the 12 months.

Would I be entitled to JSB after the contract ends (in case I cannot find another job). I would have worked up enough stamps over the previous years to qualify but would the fact I left a permanent role affect that entitlement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

If you have enough stamps and the job has ended due to no fault of your own, you should be entitled!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

mlem123 wrote: »
    If you have enough stamps and the job has ended due to no fault of your own, you should be entitled!

Thanks for the response. Could it be a case where they say the contact was only for a year so i knew it was going to end and therefore could affect any JSB claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Thanks for the response. Could it be a case where they say the contact was only for a year so i knew it was going to end and therefore could affect any JSB claim.

Not at all. You had a reasonable expectation that the role would be permanent. You won’t have any problems. Hope you get something suitable soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

splinter65 wrote: »
    Not at all. You had a reasonable expectation that the role would be permanent. You won’t have any problems. Hope you get something suitable soon.

Great thanks for your response. I work in an industry where there is loads of work so should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You should be entitled to JB, if you need it

I thought i wouldn't be entitled to it, but I am at a reduced rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

You should be entitled to JB, if you need it

I thought i wouldn't be entitled to it, but I am at a reduced rate.

That’s because your wages across 2018 would have averaged out at less then €300 per week. Is it still more then what you’d get on JSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

splinter65 wrote: »
    That’s because your wages across 2018 would have averaged out at less then €300 per week. Is it still more then what you’d get on JSA?

Yes, it is more than the Ja amount for someone my age (I'm 21 so would have been 112 euros only)

So I was delighted when they said I can have the JB €159 for the 6 months (as needed..) thought I wouldn't have enough cons.

Advertisement