Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do retailers (Argos, specifically) allow you to spread a purchase over 2 cards?

Options
  • 17-02-2020 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I have a one4all card I'd like to use up but it's not enough to cover the full cost of something I want to buy. If I go to the counter can/will they spread it over more than one card?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Zillah wrote: »
    I have a one4all card I'd like to use up but it's not enough to cover the full cost of something I want to buy. If I go to the counter can/will they spread it over more than one card?

Thanks!

Yes. I used to work in retail EPOS software. All systems allow you to mix what you use to pay.
    Even along the border it can be common to pay a mix of euros and sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Zillah wrote: »

Thanks!

Not recently, but I have certainly split a transaction between an Argos Gift card, and cash and/or another card.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely. You could use cash, gift card and debit card if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KernelKorn

I did this yesterday. No questions.

Advertisement