Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teagasc Forestry Grants

Options
  • 16-02-2020 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all.
    First time posting so go easy.
    I'm wondering if the Teagasc forestry grants are aimed more at current land owners? There are circa 50 acres (valued at circa €250000) of mixed farm land for sale near me and I was wondering if it would be possible to break even if you planted native trees (eg. GPC 9/10). That is, if you took into account the cost of the land, planting, management etc. versus grants over 15 years, coppicing etc?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Unless you can do the work yourself, the establishment grant goes to the forestry company you employ, that leaves you with a forestry premium of, €12/13000 for 15 years, there would be very little or no sales of timber in the first 15 years.

Advertisement