Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EV grants

Options
  • 16-02-2020 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just wondering what the general consensus is on grants, how people see these lasting. I know that the VRT exemption is until the end of this year at least, but has there been indication as to what happens after that?

I guess much will depend on our next set of overloads, but guessing some of you have more intuition than I do on the topic. I’m looking at (dreaming about) a Mustang Mach E, current guide prices are grants inclusive, yet it‘s more realistic for me (and maybe for many people) that any new EV purchase would be 2021 or later.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wouldn't worry too much, when the grants go the prices should drop a bit to compensate imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And don't forget the Greens are about to enter Government, they will have a few demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

They've already dropped one in October (4000 business grant) with only a couple of weeks notice so I wouldn't be relying on a huge notice period for any future changes. Prices didn't come down then either.

Advertisement