Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Redex products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

In this petrol it did work some.
    There are also more tips you can do.

Even more
    https://mycarheaven.com/2018/07/redex-does-it-work-a-review-over-3-months/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,411 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They sell the diesel treatment in Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm using millers diesel treatment in the Superb at the moment,.I just started using it last week I've 600km done and it's starting to make a difference now. It does 500 litres of diesel so I'll use it up and see does it make any difference to MPG/ driveability etc.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm using millers diesel treatment in the Superb at the moment,.I just started using it last week I've 600km done and it's starting to make a difference now. It does 500 litres of diesel so I'll use it up and see does it make any difference to MPG/ driveability etc.

What difference is is making?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What difference is is making?

Hard to tell so far, it seems to have messed up the journey report after each journey, where I was usually getting 5.8 it's now showing a much higher figure for the same spin. I definitely can use higher gears in certain places and the fuel gauge itself is showing an improvement. No regen yet on this tank, it would have done one by now. I'm keeping an open mind until I've used it on the full 500 litres of diesel.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Hard to tell so far, it seems to have messed up the journey report after each journey, where I was usually getting 5.8 it's now showing a much higher figure for the same spin. I definitely can use higher gears in certain places and the fuel gauge itself is showing an improvement. No regen yet on this tank, it would have done one by now. I'm keeping an open mind until I've used it on the full 500 litres of diesel.

I remain skeptical :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

biko wrote: »
    In this petrol it did work some.
    There are also more tips you can do.

Even more
    https://mycarheaven.com/2018/07/redex-does-it-work-a-review-over-3-months/
    I love those Corrados. Over the years about the biggest change I found was changing to Millers Nanodrive "race" oil. Engine ran smoother and noticeably more free revving and more power, even with the butt dyno. Even reflected in the figures measured in the NCT. HC numbers went down over two years.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I remain skeptical :)

It's something I've wanted to do so I'll see if there's any difference, it cost 16 euro for the bottle, hardly breaking the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shah91n

I used the DPF cleaner and Advanced System Cleaner of Redex, honestly, I cannot tell any differences or do some testing but I did it for sake of if really does even slight clean, ok not a problem. I am going to add another shots of these two and every 3 to 4 months will do the same.

Hopefully it will run the engine smoother and quieter hahaha

Update on the millers treatment. I've just started on my second batch of 50 litres of diesel and it definitely has increased fuel consumption which is disappointing, in saying that the weather is bitterly cold so that could be as big an influence as anything. It only did one very short regen in the 955 km which is a big change as it was doing about 3 on ordinary diesel. The engine is definitely much smoother and quieter and you only barely touch the key and it's started. I'll see how this 50 litres goes and keep you up to date.

• Advertisement

How do you know when your car is regenning? The only way I know on the Octavia is that it idles at higher rpm, and fan comes on it you interrupt regen.

I have no way of knowing if it regens on the open road.

How do you know when your car is regenning? The only way I know on the Octavia is that it idles at higher rpm, and fan comes on it you interrupt regen.

I have no way of knowing if it regens on the open road.

It's only done the fans/ high idle once in the first batch, after saying that it's doing another one this evening, I just turned it off as I'm doing plenty of driving tomorrow. Fuel gauge is dropping like a stone though..

What consumption does the trip computer say you’re doing since refuel?

What consumption does the trip computer say you’re doing since refuel?

Never thought of looking I've only done 70 odd Km's so far since yesterday but the needle has moved a lot in those few Kms. I'll let you know tomorrow. Lovely sunny day here today so I got stuck in and cleaned her outside and the manky interior too!!!

7.7!!! And it's after driving the long term up from 5.4 to 5.9..

Your long term must be tiny if 70km driving at 7.7 can change it by 0.4 (or 7mpg in old money)

You need to sit it out for the rest of the tank. You’re focusing on a very small sample size.

With respect, I think you’re possibly seeing benefits that aren’t there - like being way quieter or starting way quicker.

Your long term must be tiny if 70km driving at 7.7 can change it by 0.4 (or 7mpg in old money)

You need to sit it out for the rest of the tank. You’re focusing on a very small sample size.

With respect, I think you’re possibly seeing benefits that aren’t there - like being way quieter or starting way quicker.

The quietness is definitely there, even the missus noticed it and she's not car savvy at all. As you say I'll ride it out for the 50 litres, it's something I always wanted to do. I think it might have been wanting to do a regen, but as you say, doing the mileage is the only accurate test.
    Single digit ambient temperatures aren't helping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

My petrol car failed the NCT two years ago on emissions, the NCT tester asked me to try Dipethane and driving on low gear on a highway. I tried that and it passed.

I’ve used it regularly since as I also noticed an increase in mileage, 23mpg before, 28 mpg after.

The car failed on emissions at its recent NCT however despite using it for the past two years.

Best,
    /t

Update.. It has been abandoned, I was expecting to get around 900km to the 50 litres...barely scraped 800km 803 to be precise, feck that for a game of soldiers. Straight diesel for me from now on, Texaco for 117.9 a litre, I'll see how she goes on that:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

BG treatments would be far superior to redex.

• Advertisement

Neilw wrote: »

I was trying Millers diesel additive. What’s BG? Although I’m not in a hurry to try anything else tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Neilw wrote: »
    I've two cans of this, BG244. Going to service the car first and then try it. Noisy ass diesel Mondeo 2012 getting 50mpg currently. Was 56mpg when I bought it two years ago.

Will update thread on my results.

These look like oil additive I wouldn’t be keen on those at all. I was using a fuel additive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They're a fuel additive.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shah91n

I used Redex but honestly, not sure if there is any difference, I cannot tell so I cannot judge but most of people used other fuel additive and happy with it so maybe I will try that BG244 for the sake of cleaning !!! also I will see what else for DPF as well.. Any recommendation please let us know, most important based on real experience and really difference was made.

Advertisement