Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress site not loading

Options
  • 14-02-2020 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I have a Wordpress site with a woocommerce shop, and the home page won’t load. Also the menus in the woocommerce section won’t display properly. It’s been upgraded to the latest version of Wordpress, I’ve recently upgraded to windows 10, was all fine before that, don’t know if that would make a difference? Anyone recommend someone to look at it by pm?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Some recent changes to WordPress and Woo have produced problems on older sites.
    Did you do a backup before updating? If yes, revert to your backup and do the updates/changes again one at a time and see which causes the problems.
    If you did not make a backup of the site, do a backup now, just in case restoring the site does not go smoothly, and undo your updates. There are plugins that will enable you to undo updates.
    If you are not sure about what you are doing get somebody that is more familiar with WordPress to restore your site and set up automated backups etc. for you

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Bongojohn wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Wordpress site with a woocommerce shop, and the home page won’t load. Also the menus in the woocommerce section won’t display properly. It’s been upgraded to the latest version of Wordpress, I’ve recently upgraded to windows 10, was all fine before that, don’t know if that would make a difference? Anyone recommend someone to look at it by pm?

TIA

Sounds like you are missing a css file. Open developer tools on chrome (F12) click on the network tab and load the home page of your site. See do you get any 404 not found errors.

I presume when you mention windows 10 you mean it is not working locally? Have you got it hosted online on a shared hosting package? That would typically be Linux. If so comparing the html from the 2 might be a starting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you post a link to the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bongojohn

daymobrew wrote: »
    Can you post a link to the site?

Hi, it’s www.rhythmandstrums.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

dahayeser wrote: »
    Sounds like you are missing a css file.

Spot on

both stylesheets returning a 404 (not found)

• Advertisement
Advertisement