Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

(yet another) home charge point advice question

Options
  • 14-02-2020 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Folks,
    My parents have a 24kw 6.6 Leaf and an Outlander Phev. Looking to install a charge point in a second house that they spend a good bit of time in. They have a tethered zappi at home as at some stage they may go down the solar PV route. The second house isn't used as much and they don't need the tech of the zappi (I think). One issue may be issue that the closest they can park to the house is about 7m away from the nearest place they could mount the charger. They were hoping to go untethered as it would allow others with different type chargers to plug in as well. The nearest public charger is around 20km away. Has anyone any advice on what charger may suit please? They could go for the tethered 8m zappi again which would do both of their cars but not others. They don't have to be able to charge others' cars but just trying to be considerate I suppose.
    Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Sorry, just found the main home charge point thread. Missed it when I was looking before posting.
    Delete thread if necessary.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Folks,
    My parents have a 24kw 6.6 Leaf and an Outlander Phev. Looking to install a charge point in a second house that they spend a good bit of time in. They have a tethered zappi at home as at some stage they may go down the solar PV route. The second house isn't used as much and they don't need the tech of the zappi (I think). One issue may be issue that the closest they can park to the house is about 7m away from the nearest place they could mount the charger. They were hoping to go untethered as it would allow others with different type chargers to plug in as well. The nearest public charger is around 20km away. Has anyone any advice on what charger may suit please? They could go for the tethered 8m zappi again which would do both of their cars but not others. They don't have to be able to charge others' cars but just trying to be considerate I suppose.
    Any ideas appreciated.

IMO best option is to install non-tethered unit and buy a 10 meter EV charging cable - it’s would set you back about 180-200 quid but it’s well worth it!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Closed on OPs request

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement