Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instagram and bullying

Options
  • 14-02-2020 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

My teen created an instagram account while in primary school and is unable to access the account. When created the account he used false information.

We now want to delete/disable the account and we are unable to do so as incorrect informaiton provided a few years ago. I have requested instagram to disable or delete the account as it is not used and he was under 13 when the account was created. unfortunately instagram have not acted not this request. My son is under alot of stress and he is being bullied in school because of this account.

Is there anything thing else I can do to get instagram to disable or deactivate the account.??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Not directly helpful, I can’t advise about Instagram but there’s a very good website for parents/children/ educators on issues of cyber bullying called Webwise it might give him some tips?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

For instagram to do anything, they'd need proof it's his account, if ye can't give the information used to establish it, they can't act on it. Its simple Data Protection.

Forget about instagram. Try and deal with whoever is bullying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Would he not have needed to provide an email to create the account in the first place. Can you request a password reset through that?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Deal with the bullying the IG account is a red herring in this situation.

Advertisement