Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V-Multi Tracker from Vodafone - setting up

Options
  • 14-02-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭

hello all, my wife changed over to Vodafone bill pay, got a new phone and it came with a free trackisafe V-multi tracker
    https://eshop.v.vodafone.com/ie/v-multi-tracker-trackisafe-mini
    she says "i dont want it, do you?" - i says "hell yeah!" - I like gadgety things. well I have been trying to set it up on my phone (not with Vodafone, with Tesco mobile, maybe there lies the problem?)

so I downloaded the app from Trackisafe, thats OK then it asks me to set up a V- account thing (2.99eur per month charge) so I download the v- app thing on me android phone , and it says put in your phone number and we will send you a 6 digit code PIN by SMS text. thats fine I get the 6 Digit pin , put it in the box and then it says 'verifying PIN' but every time i get stumped it comes up with a message of 'oops - something went wrong and its most probably our fault- try again later' - I have been trying loads of time last night and today and get the same message at that point. Cannot seem to move on.

So sent a DM to vodafone on Twitter and got message back saying its out of their scope and to contact support.
    So tries the Vodafone support chat and it says there are no available agents to and to try later.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it working please?

(sorry for large image):
    502869.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,309 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You can only set it up from a Vodafone Sim, as it can’t charge non Vodafone Sims. My daughter has a watch and I had a similar issue.

Just set it up the V Sim in your wife’s phone and it’ll charge her the money.

Failing that get a Vodafone PAYG Sim and add money to the account but don’t use it for credit. Then set up the v sim to that account and it’ll take the 3 euro monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ted1 wrote: »
    You can only set it up from a Vodafone Sim, as it can’t charge non Vodafone Sims. My daughter has a watch and I had a similar issue.

Just set it up the V Sim in your wife’s phone and it’ll charge her the money.

Failing that get a Vodafone PAYG Sim and add money to the account but don’t use it for credit. Then set up the v sim to that account and it’ll take the 3 euro monthly.

ah right thank you. I had an inkling it may have been that.
    Do you know if the tracker works at all without the 3euro monthly , just with the GPS tracking say or do you need to pay mnthly to have any kind of function with it?

Advertisement