Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler won't turn on.

Options
  • 13-02-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I switched off the boiler over the weekend from the main switch, i turned the main switch on suddenly the thermostat control monitor went on for a second and then switch off, now it won't turn on altogether, I replaced the main switch fuse, but no red light, i checked if power comes and there's power but the red light won't switch on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

I cannot help but would suggest you provide more information. Starting with boiler type, make and model. Details of controls etc. Just basic information so some of the heating guys can help.
    (Post would be more appropriate in the plumbing & heating forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

The boiler is Potterton Baxi assure system, controls is eph don't know exactly the model.

We checked that there is power from main switch board to the boilers switch but no red light, but like neither the control and boiler switching on both are newly installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

Which red light are you talking about
    Is it on the switched fused spur beside the boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

FrankC21 wrote: »
    The boiler is Potterton Baxi assure system, controls is eph don't know exactly the model.

We checked that there is power from main switch board to the boilers switch but no red light, but like neither the control and boiler switching on both are newly installed.

If it's newly installed then call back the installer...

meercat wrote: »
    Which red light are you talking about
    Is it on the switched fused spur beside the boiler

The light on the main switch when you turn the power for the boiler and controls

• Advertisement

FrankC21 wrote: »
    The light on the main switch when you turn the power for the boiler and controls

Is this the same switch you turned off to originally. Possibly faulty switch. Agree with listermint ,getting installer back

Check tripswitches on fuseboard too

Is this the same switch you turned off to originally. Possibly faulty switch. Agree with listermint ,getting installer back

Check tripswitches on fuseboard too

Yes it is the switch I used to turned it off, the fuse inside the main switch was changed to a new one still won't work, I checked the tripswitches on fuseboard all looks normal, ye I guess I'll have to contact the installer.

Check also that there’s not another isolator in the hot press beside the actuators

Check also that there’s not another isolator in the hot press beside the actuators

But the main switch of the boiler is also beside the switch of our washing machine, I turned the washing machine switch on first then the boiler main switch then after 2 seconds it went out.

I see you are in a new build
    Check the isolator near your hot press
    This isolator should be inline with the one beside your boiler meaning that if it is switched off then there’s no power to your boiler or actuators. It may have a fuse in it that should be checked in case it blew.

Otherwise get the electrical contractor back out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I see you are in a new build
    Check the isolator near your hot press
    This isolator should be inline with the one beside your boiler meaning that if it is switched off then there’s no power to your boiler or actuators. It may have a fuse in it that should be checked in case it blew.

Otherwise get the electrical contractor back out

And then label all the switches

listermint wrote: »
    And then label all the switches

Yep, I must do that gets confusing at times hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lindsas3

Hi, the same thing is happening to me at present. I have a logic boiler that's working fine.

The issue is the heat control says ON but the red light isn’t coming on. This leads me to believe the power into the control is good but there could be some signal issue with the boiler which is why it’s not powering up? I’ve circled the buttons that turn red when it’s heating but as you can see, it says ON but not turning red. 

I've restarted the boiler, reset the EPK heat control, and turned the main fuse off and back on again, and still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Advertisement