Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap TV Only Options (Dublin)

Options
  • 13-02-2020 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I currently have Eir, and have had nothing but problems with them, nevermind the fact that I only get 2MB/s (have had about 20 guys out to try to improve). SIRO just put up some fibre lines, so I will be switching the moment I am able to.

I'm going with Digiweb (1Gigabit), but they don't offer any TV services. My wife still watches normal TV a lot, so I wanted to know what were the cheapest/best 'bang for your buck' TV only options out there? Would love something that could just use the Digiweb connection, but if I have to have two boxes it's not the end of the world (just don't want to end up paying for Internet twice)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

An aerial plugged into the aerial socket on your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

As a guide with only internet to play with there are many options like.

https://www.apple.com/ie/tv/

Depends on what you want to play /pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

greasepalm wrote: »
    As a guide with only internet to play with there are many options like.

https://www.apple.com/ie/tv/

Depends on what you want to play /pay.

I assume when the OP says his wife watches 'normal TV', he means the terrestrial channels like RTE, TG4, VM etc. Which you cannot get off an Apple box.

Sounds like the OP needs an aerial. Or Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

coylemj wrote: »
    I assume when the OP says his wife watches 'normal TV', he means the terrestrial channels like RTE, TG4, VM etc. Which you cannot get off an Apple box.

Sounds like the OP needs an aerial. Or Sky.

Or an aerial, satellite dish and a combo box that can take the signals from both and merge them with a good user interface. I love Sky but it’s not worth it unless you are going for premium channels and packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If SIRO have put lines in , couldn’t eir upgrade you, you could also look at Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If SIRO have put lines in , couldn’t eir upgrade you, you could also look at Vodafone.

Eir dont retail on Siro. OP mentions 2Mb existing broadband so wouldn't have TV through Eir either so a clean break with them shouldn't impact whatever his existing TV service is.

I think Vodafone are the only option for IPTV on Siro. Other subscription options would possibly be Sky, bundle of Siro broadband and Satellite TV.

Or as mentioned a free to air combo box for Saorview and UK Satellite.

Advertisement