Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Customer Frustration

Options
  • 13-02-2020 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

I paid my account for 18 months. 20/month
    My Credit Card expired in Dec.
    I tried to change the on-line details in late December. ( The web system failed… or maybe it can’t do this)
    I paid "a bill "for 40euros online in December.
    Your people never spoke with me… I got no e-mail warning… I got no letter… Nobody spoke with me .. nobody told me the Credit Card update didn’t work or can’t be done..
    Nobody told me the 40 euro payment went through or didn’t………
    My phone was disconnected in Jan.
    I lost business.
    Nobody has given me an Account Statement or posted me a bill………. Invoice or anything like that ………..
    You locked me out of the account ………………..
    I can’t contact you as you have bared the phone / account / chat is ad-hoc / You won’t phone me / I can’t speak to you as the IVR won’t accept my disconnected phone # and my Vodafone number is not registered so again your IVR blocks me
    I have wasted many hours trying to fix this and your people insist this is my problem ……………

I want to transfer this number to a proper service provider..
    I want compensation for your terrible customer service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,273 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nobody from Tesco is going to reply to you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Did you not notice that the payment that you made online did not come out of your account?
    millb wrote: »
    I want compensation for your terrible customer service

That's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭millb

The only way I can contact them by phone is to turn off my caller ID. ..

Disconnection Policy
    Tesco Mobile issues its bills once a month, with the payment due date printed on the bills. Bills for mobile services that are not paid within the credit period, and are still due after the expiry date, will be liable for disconnection - before doing this we will endeavour to contact you to remind you that your bill is overdue. In the case of a formal billing compliant being lodged by a customer and a dispute subsequently ensuing, the service will remain available to the customer while TMI is handling the dispute, providing that payment is made on any undisputed portion of outstanding bills and that TMI is satisfied that the complaint is a bona fide issue relating to the calculation of charges. Upon resolution of the dispute, any amount deemed due by TMI will become payable immediately, where it is outside the credit terms of the original bill. If not, TMI reserves all its contractual rights to terminate the contract and service of that customer if bills remain unpaid.

Did you not notice that the payment that you made online did not come out of your account?

That's not going to happen.
    I didn't notice until it was too late. Anyway, I'm now able to complain (once I turned off my caller ID) and they confirmed that Credit Card updates and payment don't go through properly when the card number stays the same but the expiry date changes ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tesco have had no representatives on Boards since the end of October. You wont get any info/help/solutions from them on here. Your best bet is contact them direct https://www.tescomobile.ie/help-centre/contact-support.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

After similar shenanigans with Vodafone I now use Tesco pay as you go phone and payment system.

Advertisement