Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick's latest land grab

Options
  • 13-02-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

What about that ad on the radio promoting Limerick and insinuating that Shannon airport is in it and that the Irish coffee was created in Limerick!...**** off back to the border.
    The fact that Limerick earns more money than Clare per visitor to the wild Atlantic way is a shocking indictment of our county also.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What about that ad on the radio promoting Limerick and insinuating that Shannon airport is in it and that the Irish coffee was created in Limerick!...**** off back to the border.
    The fact that Limerick earns more money than Clare per visitor to the wild Atlantic way is a shocking indictment of our county also.

The Irish Coffee was "invented" in Foynes which is in Limerick so we can't claim that, the fact that the Foynes facility moved to Shannon allows us have a bit of a link to the claim but we can't claim it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_coffee
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foynes#Foynes's_role_in_aviation

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Yes you're right about Foynes, for some reason I thought it was first created in Shannon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

washman3 wrote:
    Your username gives the game away.. Check out Liam Lawlor and Ivor Callely and even Bertie's old running mate Cyprian Brady who was once elected with a few hundred votes but on the back of Bertie's massive surplus (thanks to the Drumcondra Mafia) Doubt if there's a single party without a few skeletons..... And BTW i did not vote SF last week but definately will if there's another needless G.E. in a few weeks.

endainoz wrote:
    I must have missed something, how long has she been on this massive wage? I believe she's backtracked on the antivax thing or at least said her views were not the same as the party or some something.

Yes you're right about Foynes, for some reason I thought it was first created in Shannon!

theres ppl drinking whiskey in tea for hundreds of years and poitin and tea have had it myself several times

Advertisement