Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action camera

Options
  • 12-02-2020 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting an action camera for the first time to record parkruns, snorkelling, mountain biking et al.
    Is a GoPro Hero 8 worth the premium price? There are many action cameras on Amazon for a fraction of the price but I've read that a lot of the reviews are incentivised or fake.

If a GoPro is worth it, which accessories are recommended? i've read the silicone sleeve, chest mount, and bite mount and tempered glass lens protector.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

From the research I've done the GoPro 8 would be top of my list, hyper smooth footage. I did look at YouTube for comparisons to the Osmo and 7 but to me the leap forward in hyper smooth is very noticeable.

The only flaw if there is a flaw is that the lens protective cover is not removable and therefore not replaceable if it gets scratched.

Advertisement