Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brought a house, close airtricity account?

Options
  • 12-02-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have just bought a house which has an airtricity account. The estate agent gave me the last meter reading and the account number. I have tried to get in contact with airtricity to change this account into my name but 2 emails and two phonecalls later, I've not been able to get it sorted. Both times that I rang, they said their systems were down.

I'm going to change to Electric Ireland. How do I go about this? Do I still need to ring airtricity to cancel the account before calling Electric Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not your account to close. Open your new one with the reading from when you came in; the old one will be closed and billed out to the last owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

As above, just contact your new chosen supplier with the MPRN (written on the meter itself if you don't have it, though that may be the number the EA gave you) and the reading, and they'll take care of telling the previous company to close the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anamdearcadh

Thank you both!

Advertisement