Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ecars fast charge points

Options
  • 10-02-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Does anyone know how long after you use a fast charge point you have to wait before starting another session at the same point without an extra fee? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Hi, Does anyone know how long after you use a fast charge point you have to wait before starting another session at the same point without an extra fee? Thanks

My understanding would be - disconnect, connect once again, start your new session. There shouldn’t be any waiting time

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Minimum 5 minutes wait before reconnecting, it's in the terms of service. They can suspend your account if:
    3.3.3 You repeatedly avoid the overstay fee as specified in the Price Plan Terms and Conditions, in a clear and unambiguous attempt to lengthen Your charge time, and circumvent the application of the overstay fee by;
    3.3.3.1 Stopping an in-progress charge before the overstay fee is due to apply;
    3.3.3.2 Starting another charge on the same Charge Point from the same Account within a nominal time period (5 minutes) following the ending of the first charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carlculliton

_dof_ wrote: »
    Minimum 5 minutes wait before reconnecting, it's in the terms of service. They can suspend your account if:

Legend. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I would hope that this would only be done when no one was waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ELM327 wrote: »
    I would hope that this would only be done when no one was waiting.

Why would it be even necessary?

• Advertisement

mordeith wrote: »
    Why would it be even necessary?
    My car takes 1.5 hours at 50kW from 10-85/90%.
    Large batteries take a long time to charge at a piddly 50KW.
    If its 3am and no one waiting I have no issues with someone bookending two charging sessions but it's not on if someone is waiting.

TBH at 3am I'd pay the fiver for convenience and have a nap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Slightly off topic, but is there a time limit on the (currently) free AC chargers of 22 kWh and below?

Or is it a case of use them as long as you’ve paid for the parking associated to the charge point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭zg3409

Slightly off topic, but is there a time limit on the (currently) free AC chargers of 22 kWh and below?

Or is it a case of use them as long as you’ve paid for the parking associated to the charge point?

No time limit. Local parking rules vary by site. Kildare council car parks allow first hour free parking if actively charging for example, then they ticket you.

No limits at all other than site specific rules

Advertisement