Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker smart tv mp4 compatible

Options
  • 10-02-2020 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hello

Bought a smart. walker tv with box with channels etc... I wanted to watch programme I downloaded and I used to be able to watch them on old tv now file format not correct. File is mp4, have tried different formats, can anyone suggest program to change format or advise a different option.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

VLC player (free) can convert between file formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JDERIC2017

MenloPete wrote: »
    VLC player (free) can convert between file formats.

Thanks, it is just getting the format right, I just have to keep trying different formats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

What model is the TV.

Some of the Walker (boxes not TV's) were not enabled to play media.

Theoretically it should play a H264 file. You may just wish to try different containers (ie MKV instead of MP4). Format factory will re-encode for you for free.

STB. wrote: »
    What model is the TV.

It is a WPS4919SM

It says it should play MP4, I have tried different formats including mkv,

will just have to keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

JDERIC2017 wrote: »
    STB. wrote: »
    What model is the TV.

It is a WPS4919SM

I've yet to come across a video that VLC can't play, unless it's encrypted of course. When you say it's a program you downloaded, was it recorded off air ?

Most TVs and STBs encrypt recordings especially if they are HD, so they can only be played back on the device on which it was recorded, or a compatible device from the same manufacturer.

Have you tried playing the file on a computer ?

• Advertisement

Hey, Yes it works on computer, I download files from a 'source' then convert it to mp4, i have used a different program to convert it so hopefully that will work.

MACHEAD wrote: »

I've yet to come across a video that VLC can't play, unless it's encrypted of course. When you say it's a program you downloaded, was it recorded off air ?

Most TVs and STBs encrypt recordings especially if they are HD, so they can only be played back on the device on which it was recorded, or a compatible device from the same manufacturer.

Have you tried playing the file on a computer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Stupid question time. Is the TV seeing the file and saying unknown format. I ask in case it is not seeing the actual USB stick if it is not in the correct format. Fat32 or whatever Walkers use

Stupid question time. Is the TV seeing the file and saying unknown format. I ask in case it is not seeing the actual USB stick if it is not in the correct format. Fat32 or whatever Walkers use

not a stupid question, i understand. It is seeing the use alright, it is formatted as Fat 32. I have a hard drive i have all my tv downloads on that works on another tv and the file i am having issues with is the same on that hard drive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Maybe the file itself is the problem. Could you try downloading it again or an alternative one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

It is a WPS4919SM

It should work then. I cannot see the manual for this model. I can see the manual for the WP4900 series and it lays out the specific video codecs and containers it will play at the end of the manual.

Are you sure the MP4 isn't encoded in H265 ? It may not support that format.

Open the source file in VLC and it will give you the information as how it is encoded.

Failing all that Try another USB device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement