Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Saorview Channel Quality

• 10-02-2020 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1 monkeylove

Hi

Do the virgin chanels and rte news now get broadcast on a poorer quality than others ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭ Ger Roe

Yes. Only RTE 1 and RTE 2 are in HD.
    All others are SD with some less so.

It has been an argument with the independent stations since the days of TV3 - that they should have been obliged to put their HD services on Saorview as the national free platform for the people.

But it wasn't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭ coylemj

A recent 6 Nations rugby international on TV3 Virgin Media One looked better on my phone's 5.6" screen (via the Virgin Media app) than it did on a 22" TV connected to an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭ Phibsboro

I was watching Against The Head on RTE2 (not +1) just now and it was very soft looking, to the point where I actually checked the resolution. It was being reported as 1080i by my TV but it really didn't look like it. Even the graphics were soft. Anyone else notice that?

Advertisement