Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a nice restaurant in Ennis

Options
  • 09-02-2020 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi any recommendations. Been to the town hall and liked it so something similar maybe. TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Depends on what you're in the mood for.

Brogan's is consistently good, I've had some good meals in the Templegate, CoCo is a great mix and the Stonehouse can be very nice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Sweet 'n' Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I like the market just off the roundabout in the market with the large statues of a cow, two men and a dog.

I also like the cloister at the other end of the town near the queens/Garda station. This is a bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

+1 on the market bar & restaurant - lovely food and great staff.

+1 on Brogan's too - great atmosphere when there's a few around town.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I forgot about the Market Bar, lovely food and a lovely pint. I noticed that Bonfire has opened on Parnell St as well, always enjoyed their food in their old spot, Mrs Clareman doesn't like Indian food so Bonfire is always a treat for me.

I was in the Rowan Tree at the weekend, it was very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,385 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking for somewhere to eat on Saturday evening, preferably somewhere that will be showing the live sport at the same time. Good pub grub really is what I'm after.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere to eat on Saturday evening, preferably somewhere that will be showing the live sport at the same time. Good pub grub really is what I'm after.

Knoxes is my spot for food and sport. But how late in evening? Dunno what time they stop and open upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,385 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Knoxes is my spot for food and sport. But how late in evening? Dunno what time they stop and open upstairs.

Thinking of about 5.00 - 5.30

Old Ground, Market Bar, Knoxs and Yolos would all be good at that time on a Saturday, personally I'd be going for the vol au vent, pint and then creme brulee with an Irish Coffee in the OG

Clareman wrote: »
    Old Ground, Market Bar, Knoxs and Yolos would all be good at that time on a Saturday, personally I'd be going for the vol au vent, pint and then creme brulee with an Irish Coffee in the OG

Steak sandwich, pint of Hop, Irish coffee in knoxes. Multiple tellies for sport.

• Advertisement

Steak sandwich, pint of Hop, Irish coffee in knoxes. Multiple tellies for sport.

That works as well, i might swop the Hop House for another larger but we won't fall out over it :)

Advertisement