Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard

Options
  • 09-02-2020 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just wondering is it still possible to use the tesco points on UK days out, I know it was in the catalogue previuosly but hardly anything on their website other than the zoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

A lot of stuff has disappeared from the Tesco Clubcard Boost thing over the past year or two. Looks like the UK Days Out are among them.

We're really being short-changed here when you consider the number of options over on the Tesco UK site: https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/search-results/all-items?search=%20

Clubcard Boost still works for us as we tend to use the points towards a ferry crossing each year. But if they ever do away with that, it'll be back to Aldi & Lidl with us for the weekly shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

A lot of stuff has disappeared from the Tesco Clubcard Boost thing over the past year or two. Looks like the UK Days Out are among them.

We're really being short-changed here when you consider the number of options over on the Tesco UK site: https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/search-results/all-items?search=%20

Clubcard Boost still works for us as we tend to use the points towards a ferry crossing each year. But if they ever do away with that, it'll be back to Aldi & Lidl with us for the weekly shop.

Definetly being short changed, wonder could we transfer them to Stg or even use them in France when there. 1 big company. We used to use them for ferry, but advised to check price with and without vouchers, not much difference in price if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Apologies for digging up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one..

Is it just me or is the value of the points not worth the effort? I had it setup to give the vouchers at Christmas and I just checked and it's worth €14 apparently.. for 3500 points. I'm thinking I would've been better off with Dunnes €10 off when you spend €50 all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

The Xmas clubcard is more like a saving scheme, say you put €5 or whatever on to it when you're doing the weekly shop. It will all add up nicely when it's time to do the Xmas shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Bord Gais is the only thing worth using the points for, double the value off gas and electricity.

• Advertisement

On the app I have a selection under voucher scheme called 'Christmas Saver' it says all the points throughout the year will be saved until the November statement. Would 3500 points be worth just €14? Seems very low.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

3500 is worth €35.

I think the saver is 1=1, no penalty and no boost.

Contact Clubcard customer care about it.

3500 points should be worth €35 - it's basically one point equals one cent, or 100 points equals €1.

Could be the case that some of your points haven't been converted to monetary value yet. Think that happens three times a year - something like March, July & November. So basically, while it might show 3500 points earned so far, it'll only show a €14 monetary value because that's all you had before March. Your extra 2100 points to date will be converted into a further €21 in July, along of course with the monetary value of whatever other points you earn in the meantime.

Took me a while to figure that one out myself when we first started using the points a few years ago ourselves.

van_beano wrote: »
    Bord Gais is the only thing worth using the points for, double the value off gas and electricity.

We use them ourselves for a ferry trip to either France or the UK each year. €1 in Tesco vouchers is worth €4 with both Stena and Irish Ferries, and we're close enough to Rosslare Harbour to make it a handy way of travelling.

But the Clubcard Boost options seem to be getting fewer and fewer all the time. I don't see anything else there to tempt me, so if the ferries are ever removed from the deal, probably won't make the effort any more either.

Edit: I just scrolled back up the post and realise now that I said much the same thing back in February. Ah well, just goes to show that I mean it. :)

Ok, thanks for that. Seems like Dunnes system is a bit messier but better value overall so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement