Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tretorn Micro X tennis balls - filled with white foam

• 09-02-2020 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Has anybody any experience with these tennis balls - Tretorn Micro X tennis balls

My girl loves to play ball and I usually only let her have them when we are playing fetch as I have heard that the felt can be bad for their teeth.

Today she got one and I didn't notice. She managed to break into the ball. I heard her coughing and spluttering and went to see what was going on and she had a white foam/powder all over her face in her mouth and up her nose.

I got such a fright then noticed the ball and it is full of the stuff.

I looked it up and it says that it is to improve performance of the ball. I cannot find any information about weather this stuff is toxic or not. I have emailed the company and hope they get back to me. Nymeria is fine but I am worried as she ingested the stuff.

(I also posted this in the Animals and Pets forum but nobody has answered... sorry for the double post)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They are made up of tiny micro balls inside the rubber, which means they aren't pressurised like other tennis balls. I don't know if they are toxic. Similar to those are Tretorn Plus. Wilson Triniti And Babolat Omni may be made the same way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yes those are the official balls we use in competition here. Well, all of Munster anyway. I'ven never liked them myself, but have no choice but to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

I hadn't realised that the were any different to normal tennis balls. I am hoping to get an email back from the company today telling me that they are not toxic! I hope they are not! Wont be using them again as its only a game of fetch... not necessary for them to have extra bounce!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Just buy a standard pressureless ball - all the big companies make them.

The micro X was designed by tretorn to simulate the benefits of an air pressurised ball but not having the air loss that occurs over time.

The company should supply details of the materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

dixiefly wrote: »
    Just buy a standard pressureless ball - all the big companies make them.

The micro X was designed by tretorn to simulate the benefits of an air pressurised ball but not having the air loss that occurs over time.

The company should supply details of the materials.

I never heard back from the company after emailing them.. my dog is fine so I guess the material was safe!

I didn't buy them on purpose and hadn't realized they were any different to the normal balls I get her. I dont get the cheap dog toy balls as they fall apart in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The company that supplies he, is DF Sports, they should be able to help you. When you're buying tennis balls, buy the ones that you have to pop open the can with the ringpull.

Advertisement