Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox one and 3 mobile broadband

• 08-02-2020 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello iv recently moved into a new house and im looking for decent broadband. Im down to two.
    3 mobile broadband and vodafone but strongly leading towards 3 as its cheaper after the first year offer with vodaphone and i have the option of buying the router and sim and not being tied to a contact. That and iv had 2 bad experiences with vodafone and i really dont want to give them another cent out of principle

My main concern is.. Currently im using my phone as a hotspot in the house im already with 3 mobile, the connection is more than good enough download speed wise. Peak times i havent seen it drop below 50mb..and off peak its often above 150mb

The hotspot is working great with netflix through the TV and on the laptop. But im having massive problems playing online games ( fifa 80% of the time) and suffer regular disconnects and when im not disconnecting theres alot of latency in game and responces are very slow.
    I read online that the xbox isn't fully compatible with a hotspot but i guess my concern/ paranoia is.. Would it be much better using broadband via the 3 router as opposed to a hotspot

Just curious have many on this forum have used 3 mobile broadband with thier xbox and how they got on with it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

Chiarrai92 wrote: »
    Hello iv recently moved into a new house and im looking for decent broadband. Im down to two.
    3 mobile broadband and vodafone but strongly leading towards 3 as its cheaper after the first year offer with vodaphone and i have the option of buying the router and sim and not being tied to a contact. That and iv had 2 bad experiences with vodafone and i really dont want to give them another cent out of principle

My main concern is.. Currently im using my phone as a hotspot in the house im already with 3 mobile, the connection is more than good enough download speed wise. Peak times i havent seen it drop below 50mb..and off peak its often above 150mb

The hotspot is working great with netflix through the TV and on the laptop. But im having massive problems playing online games ( fifa 80% of the time) and suffer regular disconnects and when im not disconnecting theres alot of latency in game and responces are very slow.
    I read online that the xbox isn't fully compatible with a hotspot but i guess my concern/ paranoia is.. Would it be much better using broadband via the 3 router as opposed to a hotspot

Just curious have many on this forum have used 3 mobile broadband with thier xbox and how they got on with it

The brother uses the 3 router as he lives on side of a mountain, the speeds are not the faster for him. but we play online together and he downloads games and what not and there is no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Chiarrai92 wrote: »

I live out with the bears and I have the 3 broadband router and a 3 phone sim in a wifi router. The 3 broadband is always fine, no issues gaming. Ping is good with 3 of us in the house gaming on 3 xboxes. Everything else in the house uses the phone sim in the wifi router which isn't as good.

If downloading games while others are playing then we swap to the phone sim and then back for gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Also currently using 3 mobile broadband in Limerick. Router is connected via ethernet to Xbox One and PC and never have issues gaming.

Only issues I ever had was when 3 had issues with the actual mast I connect to which has been maybe 4 or 5 times in last 4 years.

Advertisement