Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Warranty Faulty Screen Mobile

Options
  • 06-02-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I left my mobile on charger for a few hours and when i took it off and pressed the screen, an inch long black line appeared vertically down the screen. I cant see anything under the black line however the touch on the black line still works as i can select apps and use keyboard when pressing buttons under it.

It was purchased in November 19.
    I have no receipt however i purchased online through my Argos account by PayPal so i can print off the order.

Do i have a case to claim for a replacement under warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭Xterminator

do you believe there was a manufacturing fault? It doesn't appear likely does it on the balance of probabilities ? Perhaps you pressed the screen too hard etc? maybe it fell?

If you do think it was a fault with the phone, rather than how it was used, you can google the model number of the phone, and see if there are many people with the same issue, and bring that evidence to argos attention, in an attempt to convince them it wasn't you, or how it was stored, used etc.

But as someone who has supplied phones in a business environment, i heard many an implausible story about how the phone got damaged, never once in the 1000 phones i handed out did i make a claim with our supplier that the screen fault was manufacturing issue.

Advertisement