Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item ordered from UK held at Irish Customs

Options
  • 06-02-2020 11:24am

I get a couple of subscription beauty boxes from the UK every month and when I clicked on “track my order” for one of them it says it is being held in customs. This has never happened before and I can only assume it’s due to brexit.

The value is in and around 16 euro. The tracking says is CUSTOMS. Anybody know where this is and how I contact them? The subscription company have no info for me and told me to contact them myself.

The tracking says - ARRIVED IN COUNTRY. NON EU PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS

Update: it’s left Dublin and enroute with courier. Brexit panic averted :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Does it say it's 'Held' at customs or does it just say CUSTOMS?

If the latter then I'd just leave it, it'll probably be sent on from customs shortly enough (they might just be screening it)

“PRESENTED” on 5th Feb at 13:52

Hope so.

The other box has just left the UK so I’ll see what happens with it and update this thread accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If it's getting held due to coming from the UK then someone has made a mistake would it definitely have been shipped from the UK? Trade wise nothing should have changed yet between the UK and the EU.

They are distributed from Manchester.

• Advertisement

Crisis averted. Tracking just updated to say it’s enroute. Must have been random check:)

OP updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jimmii wrote: »
    If it's getting held due to coming from the UK then someone has made a mistake would it definitely have been shipped from the UK? Trade wise nothing should have changed yet between the UK and the EU.

Any package from any country can be checked by customs and cosmetics/medicines seem to attract a lot of customs attention due to the risk of illegal ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Del2005 wrote: »
    Any package from any country can be checked by customs and cosmetics/medicines seem to attract a lot of customs attention due to the risk of illegal ingredients.

Yeah for sure was just highlighting the fact that if its being held due to it coming from the UK purely then that is a mistake not that it couldn't be held if it was coming from the UK.

Advertisement