Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gp4000 where to buy?

Options
  • 06-02-2020 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a set of these in Dublin or Gp5000 or something similar , I normally do my shopping online but been getting punctures last couple of days and my gp4000 is badly worn so don't have time to wait online.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Where in Dublin are you based? Cycle Superstore have GP4000 (23c only) and GP5000. 360 Cycles have GP5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

Where in Dublin are you based? Cycle Superstore have GP4000 (23c only) and GP5000. 360 Cycles have GP5000.

Thanks in city centre working but cycling back to swords this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Where in Dublin are you based? Cycle Superstore have GP4000 (23c only)

€55.94 per tyre :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I bought a pair of GP4000s in Richies a few years ago, but you'd have to ring them to see what stock they have. They close at 18:00 though, so somewhere closer to work might suit you better.

Thanks in city centre working but cycling back to swords this afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I was looking for tyres for my commuter two weeks ago.
    €45 anywhere I checked and they'd have to order them in.
    I ended up getting them from Germany for €25 each. Just can't justify paying almost twice the price.

Effects wrote: »
    I was looking for tyres for my commuter two weeks ago.
    €45 anywhere I checked and they'd have to order them in.
    I ended up getting them from Germany for €25 each. Just can't justify paying almost twice the price.

thanks lads , yeah I am going to do the same its mad money , any link to the german site you used , thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I went with Rose bikes. I've used them a lot over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭elchupanebrey

€55.94 per tyre :eek:

Down as €50 at the top of the price list and €55+ when you select which one you want. Not sure that makes sense

Just spotted the out of stock ones are €50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I got some GP400 tyres (28c) in Halfords on the Malahide road before. Might be ok if you are going by, they were €35 a tyre at the time. might be worth going online and seeing if they have stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

You won't get GP4000 too handy. No longer being made and replaced by GP5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Z_a_x

Saw them on this website the other day, the price is okay and free shipping...

https://www.bikeman.ie/product/continental-grand-prix-4000s-ii

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Z_a_x wrote: »

Thanks Zax. Just ordered two GP 4000 25C for €70. Great value.
    Didn't think I could get them as they are out of stock in most places such as Wiggle and CR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Hhhhmmm only stocked up on some from Mantel for 38.50 a few weeks back, but very tempted at 35 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Z_a_x wrote: »

Bike man seem to be sold out on all size options - €57 per tyre on 5000's, Rose bikes €88 delivered for a pair of 5000's,

I keep missing out on offers on either 4 or 5000's - is there anything better than the above that anyone has found?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭seaviewphotos

GP 4000 seem to be generally out of stock now, I don't think I have a need or can justify paying for the GP 5000. I'll only be doing a handful of sportives so I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Someone recommended a tyre the other day in the bargains thread, decent reviews, but I dont personally know anything about them(though I did buy a pair :) )

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112563666&postcount=9743

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Bike man seem to be sold out on all size options - €57 per tyre on 5000's, Rose bikes €88 delivered for a pair of 5000's,

I keep missing out on offers on either 4 or 5000's - is there anything better than the above that anyone has found?

Unless your using them for racing, I'd pick the 4000 over the 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This annoys me. I have gp4000 on one set of wheels and gp5000 on another. Even if the data shows the gp5000 to have lower rolling resistance my preference is the gp4000. I might switch brand if I can find something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Effects wrote: »
    I went with Rose bikes. I've used them a lot over the years.

Their shipping time and price let them down

ted1 wrote: »
    Their shipping time and price let them down

Shipping time is accurate, price is better than most retailers. Most things I get from them are a euro or two cheaper than Wiggle, which covers the postage difference. They also give you a 10euro voucher on your birthday every year. Bike24 is typically cheaper again but you never get a voucher for your birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

CramCycle wrote: »
    Shipping time is accurate, price is better than most retailers. Most things I get from them are a euro or two cheaper than Wiggle, which covers the postage difference. They also give you a 10euro voucher on your birthday every year. Bike24 is typically cheaper again but you never get a voucher for your birthday.

I've never had a voucher on my birthday and I've shopped with them for years and ride one of their bikes!! (I did get a cereal bowl with one order that I now have to fight with my kids over, but that's another story)

I've never had a voucher on my birthday and I've shopped with them for years and ride one of their bikes!! (I did get a cereal bowl with one order that I now have to fight with my kids over, but that's another story)

I got one the other day, at least one voucher a year, either birthday or Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

CramCycle wrote: »
    I got one the other day, at least one voucher a year, either birthday or Christmas

does it go to your email or your rose account?

does it go to your email or your rose account?

Email, I'll dig it out and see exactly what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Murtx

I've two of their bikes and never got a breakfast bowl or a voucher!

Just checked, yep, birthday voucher, 10euro for a 50 spend and the Christmas one was 15euro for a 75 spend. But it's not every year. Looks like I reregistered and haven't actually bought with that mail so maybe it's a once off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

GP 4000 seem to be generally out of stock now, I don't think I have a need or can justify paying for the GP 5000. I'll only be doing a handful of sportives so I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

I've had great luck with these as a winter training tyre, I get about the same amount of punctures as with more expensive tyres and they hold the road just fine in wet conditions.

Michelin Lithion 2

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/michelin-lithion-2-25c-tyres-pair/rp-prod180518

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Advertisement