Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

test

Options
  • 06-02-2020 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭

Luxury / niche fragrance splits

February 2020 listing :

I can't update this post myself (need to ask a mod) so slots / volumes remaining may be a few days out of date. I'll normally update this post once per week and post an additional update once or twice per week to the last page of the thread.

Notes

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 6/2/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml.
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt: Whiskey accented designer scent, but not overly boozy. €9 for 10ml, or €16 for 20ml. Only 20ml left. Price reduced!
    Berdoues - Arz El-Rab: cedar, ginger, lemon and pepper - this is very wearable and smells a lot more upmarket than its price suggests; a little bargain. €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml (in original 100ml bottle). 50ml left.
    Mancera - Royal Vanilla: Opens with soft, warm vanilla before toughening up with patchouli and amber. €11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, or €30 for 30ml.[/b] 30ml portion in original 120ml bottle if wanted.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    375x500.474.jpg

Green Irish Tweed *open split*
    Been a little while since I've split this - a bit surprising as it's the second most popular fragrance I've done (after Aventus). Not much to say that hasn't been said about this - where Aventus is brash, this is altogether more sophisticated and less in your face - its fresh, green, grassy scent is a lighter affair and very suited to an office environment. RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €80 for 50ml. One more request for this, and the bottle gets ordered!

................................................................................................................

375x500.470.jpg
    Tabarome *open split*
    First time listing for this, sometimes called Creed's most underrated fragrance. A fresh, herbal tobacco with that refreshing Creed brightness. Created for Winston Churchill allegedly. Pull the other one Creed! RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €22 for 10ml, €42 for 20ml, €61 for 30ml, or €92 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in the original 100ml bottle and box.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PENHALIGON'S
    375x500.29223.jpg

As Sawira *on the way*
    Penhaligon's attempt to woo the Middle Eastern market with a saffron / rose / oud effort. Unisex. "The souk abounds in opulent gifts – if one knows where to look. An eau de parfum of heaped spices and fragrant flowers; saffron, bergamot, labdanum and oud. The search makes it all the more seductive. Bargain pricing for one of the Tradre Routes collection. RRP ~€200 / 100ml.
    €15.50 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €41.50 for 30ml or €61.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in attractive original 100ml bottle and box.

................................................................................................................

IMAGINARY AUTHORS
    a_city_on_fire_imaginary_authors_50_ml_large.jpg?v=1571540010

A City on Fire *in hand*
    From cult American house Imaginary Authors, A City on Fire is......different. You want smoke? You got smoke! Opens with a very literal just - struck match smell, moves into strong smoke before drying down to herbs and resin. It's challenging - but I honestly found it easier to wear than its fearsome reputation suggests. Still though, a definite cold weather fragrance.
    €14.50 for 5ml (note volume), €25 for 10ml, or €48 for 20ml.

SWEDOFT
    135362_63a90fe36740e37cac4a2c4ee4534941_rasputin.jpg

Rasputin *in hand*
    Highly promising Swedish house. This fragrance is getting a good bit of attention on discussion groups. It's really rather good - quite an Eastern gourmand spicy fragrance, almost foody with star anise and cloves alongside chocolate, incense, musk and oud.
    €16 for 10ml, or €30 for 20ml. 20ml left.

Mysterious Shadow *in hand*
    Another Swedoft masculine Lavender, Bergamot, Patchouli , wood, and spices - perhaps some Parfums de Marly touches?
    €16 for 10ml. Only 30ml available.

MAISON MARGIELA
    375x500.53537.jpg

Whispers in the Library *open split*
    "The slowing down of time between books and the whispers of turning pages". Vanilla and pepper, drying down to cedar and other woods. RRP €110 / 100ml.
    €13.50 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, €37.50 for 30ml, or €52.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

TOM FORD
    375x500.29675.jpg

Noir Extreme *open split*
    The name is a bit misleading on this one - rather than being pitch black, it's actually a super cozy vanilla / amber concoction ideal for cold days. RRP €99 / 50ml.
    €16 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €42.50 for 30ml, or €61.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

BURREN PERFUMERY
    Winter-Woods-Bottle-400x600.jpg

Winter Woods *in hand*
    Begorrah, it's an Irish fragrance! Burren have quietly been garnering a reputation for themselves, and their owners nave just featured on the Irish Times 2020 list of 50 'people to watch'. Inspired by the Burren's foliage, Winter Woods is a mix of herbs and woods and is made using natural and organic ingredients - by hand.
    €8.50 for 10ml. A few left.

So, what happens?
    These fragrance splits are group buys. If there is sufficient interest, I will buy a large bottles of normally very expensive fragrances and split them into smaller portions and send to those who sign up.

Are the fragrances in their original bottles and packaging?
    No. Unless otherwise stated, the original fragrances are hand decanted by me into high quality empty glass or plastic bottles and do not come with their original packaging. It is however, exactly the same scent.

What’s the story with pricing and payment?
    Price for each fragrance is listed in its section – all prices are far lower than the comparable cost of buying a small bottle at retail, or give the opportunity to try something hard to find without risking the price of a full bottle. Full payment must be paid in advance – I can’t take the risk of being stuck with an enormous bottle of fragrance costing several hundred! Payment via Revolut, Paypal or direct bank transfer.
    All split prices should be taken as provisional – until I order the juice I do not know if or when the cost from my suppliers will change. In other words, get your name down fast if interested! Some splits may be especially time limited due to a specific offer etc – I’ll note this where relevant.

What’s the story with shipping?
    Normally by courier, additional to purchase price. Ireland / UK only. Shipping in Ireland is €12.50 for up to 4 bottles. Collection in Cork (free) is welcomed and encouraged.
    I cannot accept liability for packages once I leave them with the courier but will assist in the unlikely event of a claim. I don’t expect this to happen though – see reports from this thread of how well the bottles are protected!
    If you buy a split and pay for shipping now, I will 'pause' your package to combine shipping with future splits if you wish.
    10ml or 20ml splits which have been bottled in plastic may also be shipped via An Post for €4.50 (up to seven 10ml or three 20ml).

What will I get?
    Your selected fragrance in a high quality bottle with atomiser spray and label – either for a lot less than it normally costs or for a price which risks a lot less than buying a full bottle - or both.

What’s the timelines?
    If all places for a particular split are taken, I will ask for payment from everyone. When everyone has paid I will order the fragrance, bottles, atomisers, packaging, etc. I may occasionally delay ordering for one split if another is near closing so as to combine on shipping etc. Splits will be done and posted ASAP after I get all the supplies but do bear in mind that I have a full time job and two small kids so time is sometimes scarce!
    NB for Creed Aventus splits: stock of the large flacons is relatively scarce and suppliers frequently run out – there may be a delay while they restock. I’ll keep everyone posted if this occurs.

What happens if not enough people sign up to a particular split?
    Nothing! I collect no money and buy no juice.

What happens if someone signs up and doesn’t pay?
    They ruin it for everyone as I won’t buy until everyone has paid. Non payers will be excluded from future splits. In the event of sufficient interest in a split, I will run a ‘reserve’ list. Popular splits will be repeated.

Do I have to buy them all?
    No, you can buy as few or as many as you want. PM me if you want to buy more than two of a particular split.

Batch variations etc
    I have no control over which batch of a particular fragrance I will receive so can’t make any guarantees. Personally, I think the whole issue is wildly overblown on certain forums…..

I bought a fragrance but I didn't like it
    Tastes differ in everything, and fragrance is no different! I'll always note where I know a scent is 'controversial'. Unfortunately there's an element of 'pot luck' in blind buying fragrances - for Creeds at least, it's worth trying Brown Thomas as they have testers in stock. Regretfully, I cannot take returns or allow people buy / sell / trade their splits on this thread.

I’ve got another query
    Just ask below.

How do I sign up?
    Post below asking for the particular split/s you want and I’ll add you to the list in the OP – hold off on copying the list and adding yourself as it could get messy very quickly.

I bought some stuff from you - I want you to be nice to me in future!
    No problem - prior purchasers get advanced notice of new splits, and the opportunity to put their name on the list before it opens to all.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement