Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hear of https://track-ie.blogspot.com/?m=1?

Options
  • 05-02-2020 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Got a text to my phone.
    Told me there's an item in the depot for me that needs delivering.

I get a lot of these types of message so didn't think much of it.

Then I click the link and the first thing that struck me was that it was a blogspot address.
    Bit worrying they have my mobile number
    Then it says I have to pay 2 euro to get it delivered!
    I didn't click on the payment link.

Screenshot-20200205-164801.png
    Screenshot-20200205-164809.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's going around for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Seems pretty dodgy to me but it's an almighty coincidence as I'm awaiting a package to be delivered to a parcel provider around now from Hong Kong.

I got a text message with the text
    Parcel: xxxxxxxxxxcc to 35387nnnnnnn is pending at distribution center. Track your parcel now: http://www.ht7.biz/s/3pbynv/bub
    with a number and my phone number.

Link brings me to the url in the subject and asks for a fee of €2 to release it. It's not the crowd I'm having it delivered to but like I said it's a huge coincidence.

I never get spam texts so I'm pretty suspicious someone involved is pulling a fast one. But like I said, it's likely to be just an amazing coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's a scam

Yeah, but I've never heard of this one. ****ers could have struck gold with someone in my position who's awaiting a parcel from a distribution centre and just entered their details assuming it's legit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I got the same text - I'm pretty sure its a scam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hurrache wrote: »
    Yeah, but I've never heard of this one. ****ers could have struck gold with someone in my position who's awaiting a parcel from a distribution centre and just entered their details assuming it's legit

that is the whole idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

They don't have your mobile number. They just use a number generator and fire off thousands of messages in the hopes that they get enough valid ones and a few that bite.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: moving to Consumer issues to be merged with the thread already on the go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

seagull wrote: »
    They don't have your mobile number. They just use a number generator and fire off thousands of messages in the hopes that they get enough valid ones and a few that bite.

They do now ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"has no been paid".

Bloody Scots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Hurrache wrote: »

Thousands of people are waiting for parcels every day. They just shotgun these out to a rake of random numbers and sooner or later they'll land someone who's waiting for a parcel and gullible enough to fall for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got the same one last week. Report it to Blogspot and Google directly through Chrome feedback and hopefully it'll be taken down or blocked in Chrome.

I reported it via Google too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Received this last week too. I was awaiting something from the job but thought it looked suspicious. Looked again and the link appears to be dead.

Advertisement