Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding QQI

Options
  • 05-02-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit if advice. I finished school after only completing my junior certificate and it was a long time ago now. I'm trying to get back into education but am overwhelmed because I'm out of touch with it all.

I'm about to start and computer application course where I will do the ECDL. After completing this course I hope to move on to human resources.

I'm looking at course that state min entry requirement QQI level 5.

Can I get this by doing the ECDL or what do i need to do.

Completely lost with all of this. Any help is every Much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Find your local ETB (used to be VEC) and ask to speak to one of their Adult Education Directors. Their job is to assist people exactly like you.

They will advise you of your options. You may not even have to do the ECDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit if advice. I finished school after only completing my junior certificate and it was a long time ago now. I'm trying to get back into education but am overwhelmed because I'm out of touch with it all.

I'm about to start and computer application course where I will do the ECDL. After completing this course I hope to move on to human resources.

I'm looking at course that state min entry requirement QQI level 5.

Can I get this by doing the ECDL or what do i need to do.

Completely lost with all of this. Any help is every Much appreciated.
    Hi!

The ECDL isn't a level 5, but it will be really good to have going into college. I would suggest going to a local ETB and doing a relevant L5 course there. Doing a L5 will give you a chance to see what learning entails, how to do assignments properly and other useful resources.

If you don't have an office background courses I would suggest are pre- uni business and office management, these will at least equip you with the basic skills, unless of course you know somewhere that does a L5 in HR.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just an FYI but ECDL will count as an exemption for 2 x Lv 4 QQI modules (Computer Applications and IT Skills), and this can in turn be used as an 8th non mandatory module towards a level 5 QQI cert, or 15 credits.

There is 120 credits going for a Level 5 award so you would still have 7 x 15 credit modules.

Advertisement