Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Help

Options
  • 05-02-2020 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am looking to work with a company to help find me a job. The agreement is that I pay a certain amount of money for them to assist in finding me a job. As I am locating to a different country, I'm having a hard time finding a job and found this company that helps but you agree to pay them part of your salary (if they get you a job) for their assistance which I'm okay with. Problem is I have to sign a contract and I would appreciate if someone could look over it for me. Not sure where to really turn to. Does anyone have experience reading contracts of this sort and would be willing to look at it for me? Or a website that might help! I would really appreciate it!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

Do you mind if i ask which country. This sounds completely dodgy.

How long are they planning on taking a portion of your salary or is it a once off fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Sounds like agency work

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mashleyk88

It’s in the US. I’m a US citizen and just want to move for a while. They fix your cv, cover letter, find jobs for you and help you with interviewing and negotiating (they also say they’ll help you get a higher paying position (taking COL difference into account)). You don’t start paying until you get a job and you pay a % of the difference to them.

Yeah it’s hassle and annoying paying but I’m working full time in Ireland and looking for a job is another full time job I’m happy to pay someone to do it for me. I’m also applying to lots of positions and recruiters but I’m not hearing much back (probably because my CV says I live in Ireland, I don’t want to lie and write down that I’m not but have stated that I’m relocating in March). I think I have a pretty okay background as I’m an engineer with my PMP (trying to get more into PM than engineering).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mashleyk88

It’s in the US. I’m a US citizen and just want to move for a while. They fix your cv, cover letter, find jobs for you and help you with interviewing and negotiating (they also say they’ll help you get a higher paying position (taking COL difference into account)). You don’t start paying until you get a job and you pay a % of the difference to them.

Yeah it’s hassle and annoying paying but I’m working full time in Ireland and looking for a job is another full time job I’m happy to pay someone to do it for me. I’m also applying to lots of positions and recruiters but I’m not hearing much back (probably because my CV says I live in Ireland, I don’t want to lie and write down that I’m not but have stated that I’m relocating in March). I think I have a pretty okay background as I’m an engineer with my PMP (trying to get more into PM than engineering).

Advertisement