Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega Seamaster 300m

Options
  • 05-02-2020 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I might get the last model Seamaster ceramic with smooth dial. Rather then the new one released last year.

I'm looking for one with Blue dial and blue bezel.

UK or Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

2shea wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I might get the last model Seamaster ceramic with smooth dial. Rather then the new one released last year.

UK or Ireland

Is this the one you're looking for? That one is in Sweden but I'm just trying to clarify which model you're looking for.

Edit: here's one in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

pjdarcy wrote: »
    Is this the one you're looking for? That one is in Sweden but I'm just trying to clarify which model you're looking for.

Edit: here's one in the UK

That's the one, hoping to find a new one left in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

unkel wrote: »
    €5k for a Seamaster? :eek:

I know! I was in New Your last week and seen the exact model Seamaster I'm after with the blue dial and bezel (preowned) in the window.

Asked the guy in the shop how much and he says $5000 while holding up his hand showing me all 5 fingers.

I didnt even reply. I just walked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i sold mine for 2250 in 2016 still in warranty

I sold a 1 year old 2017 seamaster (this was a fecking dumb move BTW) for 2200, blue non wave ceramic, perfect condition. Was 3600 new with discount. 5k is mental, Maybe they catch a few people that cant get subs with this superior watch for less.

The new one has a display back which while nice to look at once...adds a good bit of thickness. I always though a lot of the charm was in the slimness of the seamaster, the coaxial was a little thicker than the ETA.

• Advertisement

Omega seem to be upping their game (and price) and with equivalent range model Rolexes getting far too expensive people are taking a more serious look, probably driving up the price of older models also.

really like the look of the new one in this option -> steel case but with gold bezel and crowns. on the black rubber strap.
    €6,100

Omega-Seamaster300M.016.jpg

Nice looking watch but €6,100 for a Seamaster on a rubber strap (or even a steel braclet) seems insane to me.

Nice looking watch but €6,100 for a Seamaster on a rubber strap (or even a steel braclet) seems insane to me.

the base price is now €4,400 for the normal seamaster steel case with steel bracelet.

with the move to the in-house master chronometer 8800 movement (was ETA before this latest generation) and the same movement in display-back the days of the "cheap" seamaster are gone. gone forever.

it has moved up-market.

€1,700 over the base price for the gold bezel and crowns is reasonable by luxury watch standards.

2shea wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

UK or Ireland

one on watchfinder for €3,420

https://www.watchfinder.ie/Omega/Seamaster%20300m/212.30.41.20.03.001/22626/item/157289?searchId=a82124ce-a8d3-43ba-b07c-6183b9c14d81&rank=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭893bet

Omega integrated rubber straps are works of art these days!

glasso wrote: »
    the base price is now €4,400 for the normal seamaster steel case with steel bracelet.

with the move to the in-house master chronometer 8800 movement (was ETA before this latest generation) and the same movement in display-back the days of the "cheap" seamaster are gone. gone forever.

it has moved up-market.

€1,700 over the base price for the gold bezel and crowns is reasonable by luxury watch standards.

That's interesting. I didn't know they had moved away from ETA based movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That's interesting. I didn't know they had moved away from ETA based movements.

The new models have a Co-Axial movement, now rather than pretend i know what that means ;)

I'll hope that someone else who does can chime in.

AFAIK it does mean a dual escapement and a more accurate/averaged beat so less +/- per day.

That however is a complete guess on my part, and i have found that the quickest way to learn something new is to be wrong on the internet :P

banie01 wrote: »
    The new models have a Co-Axial movement, now rather than pretend i know what that means ;)

AFAIK it does mean a dual escapement and a more accurate/averaged beat so less +/- per day.

That however is a complete guess on my part, and i have found that the quickest way to learn something new is to be wrong on the internet :P

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21030422003001
    The watch is presented on a stainless steel bracelet and is driven by the OMEGA Master Chronometer Calibre 8800

so -> in-house movement. (although of course ETA does own Omega so it is connected)
    Inside is the Calibre 8800, certified as a Master Chronometer (approved by METAS). This manufacture self-winding movement boasts a Co-Axial escapement. And is resistant to magnetic fields of up to 15,000 gauss. It’s equipped with a free-sprung balance with silicon balance spring. Power reserve is 55 hours.

co-axial escapement - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_escapement

master chronometer certification info (tests etc)

https://watch-insider.com/news/what-is-a-master-chronometer-and-who-is-metas-omega-marks-a-new-standard-of-quality-going-well-beyond-the-controle-officiel-suisse-des-chronometres-cosc-certification/

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/watchmaking/the-master-chronometer-certification/#test_METAS/home

banie01 wrote: »

As far as I'm aware the Seamaster co axial movements used to be based on an ETA movement. A friend of mine has a Seamaster planet ocean and I recall him mentioning that the co axial movement in it was a modified ETA movement. I assume with these new prices that the co axial movements are now entirely in-house. If so, that's a good move from Omega.

Omega (owned by ETA) bought the patents to the co-axial movement in the nineties.

But yes the 8800 movement in the seamaster 300m latest model (from 2018) is 100% in-house and not used in other companies' watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I got a new smp 300 in 2001 for £1000 in weirs.... I suppose £1000 was worth more back then too....!
    glasso wrote: »

it has moved up-market.

I got a new smp 300 in 2001 for £1000 in weirs.... I suppose £1000 was worth more back then too....!

it was worth more then - 20 years ago now pretty much.

the current model is a good bit superior in all respects to that model also.

interestingly the model that is worth most now from that 300m era is the 2254.50

(different dial, hands and lumes and stainless bracelet different to the normal model)

qj306%20front.jpg

Advertisement