Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Phone Circa €200

Options
  • 04-02-2020 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Trying to research what the best phone is for about €200, but getting a bit lost, maybe some of you here can help me. Would need to have a good camera and battery life. NFC would be preferable which I've noticed some of the Xiaomi's don't have. Was looking at the Moto G8 Plus which is €220

Any thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Google Pixel 3a
    Was (could still be) cheap via Vodafone special offer..about €180 when porting a SIM. Phone isn't locked to Vodafone either, so should be able to use for any provider.

Excellent camera, far superior to the Moto (and probably anything else in this price range).
    Even though battery is only 3000mAh said to have good battery life. Plus quick charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭LillyIsland

biebiebie wrote: »
    Google Pixel 3a
    Was (could still be) cheap via Vodafone special offer..about €180 when porting a SIM. Phone isn't locked to Vodafone either, so should be able to use for any provider.

Excellent camera, far superior to the Moto (and probably anything else in this price range).
    Even though battery is only 3000mAh said to have good battery life. Plus quick charging.

Thanks I found the bargain alerts thread, I think I will go with this!

Thanks I found the bargain alerts thread, I think I will go with this!

great phone for the money if you can get one through vodafone

nothing comes near the picture quality of the camera unless you spend over €5/600 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

glasso wrote: »
    great phone for the money if you can get one through vodafone

nothing comes near the picture quality of the camera unless you spend over €5/600 really.

I have had Motorola's for the last few phones...Normally get them in Argos. SIM free and much cheaper than a lot of the network locked out there and highly reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Will the pixel 3a work on 3 (three) bill sim only plan if I'm buying from their pay as you go section?

Also what number will I give if I don't actually want to port over my number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Will the pixel 3a work on 3 (three) bill sim only plan if I'm buying from their pay as you go section?

Also what number will I give if I don't actually want to port over my number?

1) yes
    2) get a new PAYG sim and port that "throw away" number

Advertisement