Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seating In Gaeity

Options
  • 03-02-2020 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, was looking for opinions on what upper circle is like in Gaeity for a play (Lieutenant of Inishmore). Is the stage very far away? Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's a while since I have been in the Gaiety to be honest but from what I remember, yes it's quite far away from the stage. I wouldn't have the best eyesight (short sighted) so I basically wouldn't be able to pick the actors out of a line-up after sitting in the Upper Circle but this is the same for me in any theatre. It's not called The Gods for nothing :)

I'm also going to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore but not til the end of the run, I've heard good things about it though. Hope you enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I saw it last week, it is excellent.
    I was close to the stage-I'm very short sighted -, the closer the better for this play, lots of necessary props you could easily miss from a distance.

Enjoy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'll have to check where we're sitting when I go home, I can't remember. Hopefully not too far back.

Advertisement