Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic insurance and modifications

Options
  • 03-02-2020 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there, can anyone give an update of which (if any) classic insurers currently entertain the notion of 'modifications' ? (e.g. improved brakes, suspension etc.)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Carole Nash didn't have a problem with mods when I insured with them

• Registered Users Posts: 20 4

Thanks for that will try them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Justjens wrote: »
    Carole Nash didn't have a problem with mods when I insured with them

no insurer would have a problem with mods but if you don't declare them, they won't pay up in all probability.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Isambard wrote: »
    no insurer would have a problem with mods but if you don't declare them, they won't pay up in all probability.

Axa wouldn't quote me for mild mods on a '67 Triumph...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Justjens wrote: »
    Axa wouldn't quote me for mild mods on a '67 Triumph...

not the point I was trying to make. I'm saying if they aren't declared you'll have a problem with a claim..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 4

Thanks for responses.

I am aware that undeclared mods would result in no coverage.

However the claim that 'no insurer would have a problem with mods' does not actually apply in Ireland, as most do not seem to entertain them at any price. And as market norms here also seem to change with the wind I was just trying to get a feel for who the enlightened insurers are people have recently dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Try Autoline.

Advertisement