Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong spelling on Aer Lingus ticket

Options
  • 03-02-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi. My son booked a flight on aer lingus through ebookers last night. He has now realised that he spelt his first name different to his passport. It’s the same name but spelled differently. He can’t do a name change as he booked through a agent. As the name is actually the same name and pronounced the same would be ok to take a chance or best to cancel and rebook.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Call eBookers and ask them to do it for you: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/changing-your-booking/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ChoKuRay

Spocker wrote: »
    Call eBookers and ask them to do it for you: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/changing-your-booking/

He tried ebookers last night and the customer service was poor. I think he gave up after so long on hold. I may get him to try again later. Aer lingus can’t change it apparently and he needs to address it with ebookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ebookers will use it as an excuse to extract money from him. As it's Aer LIngus, I'd chance it. He will be flashing his boarding card and passport when boarding i.e. when there's a line of people passing that agent. It's very unlkely they will turn him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    He tried ebookers last night and the customer service was poor. I think he gave up after so long on hold. I may get him to try again later. Aer lingus can’t change it apparently and he needs to address it with ebookers.

I don’t want to come across as rude but, why “give up after so long on hold” if he wanted the issue fixed you stay on the phone line.

As with the other poster, I would suggest you hope for the best at the airport, but if doing this be prepared to pay the extra fee.

I don’t want to come across as rude but, why “give up after so long on hold” if he wanted the issue fixed you stay on the phone line.

As with the other poster, I would suggest you hope for the best at the airport, but if doing this be prepared to pay the extra fee.

He was on hold for ages and then gave up as the lady he got through to had very poor English and he found her hard to understand. Then she put him back on hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭yer man!

This happened my mother and it was no big deal at all, the gate agent didn't even notice. It was Ryanair though and not Aer lingus. I called them to ask to change it (even offered to pay) and they said it would be grand, to be fair to them, it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

They don't really check, they just wait for a green light and a beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Same thing happened me a short while ago, when work booked me a flight with the way my first name is usually spelt, rather than the slightly different way my folks chose to spell it when they named me all those years ago.

Nobody made an issue of it at all, and I had absolutely no problems. It was an Aer Lingus flight too.

If you don’t mind me asking, though….can’t help wondering how your son made a mistake in spelling his own name?

Same thing happened me a short while ago, when work booked me a flight with the way my first name is usually spelt, rather than the slightly different way my folks chose to spell it when they named me all those years ago.

Nobody made an issue of it at all, and I had absolutely no problems. It was an Aer Lingus flight too.

If you don’t mind me asking, though….can’t help wondering how your son made a mistake in spelling his own name?

Hi. He didn’t make a mistake as he decided a few months ago he wanted to spell it differently and dint realise about the consequences of official documents etc being different. I remember changing the spelling of my name as a teenager also. It didn’t last though and for similar reasons. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Ah, that old one. I've a brother who did the same thing for a short spell back when we were young. His name is Brian, but he decided he wanted to be Bryan instead (he was a big Man United fan, and Bryan Robson was the captain). That didn't last either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement