Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Import from spain

Options
  • 02-02-2020 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi, anyone any experience of importing a 30 year old car from spain? Any problem on the spanish side? Whats needed?
    i presume the procedure is the same on this side as if it was a standard uk classic import ie. €200 and the usual paperwork.
    Anyone know of an economical way of getting it home. I'm looking at flying over and driving it north to get the ferry from Bilbao to Rosslare. would prefer to get it trucked if it wasn't too dear.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Be a little careful on the buying process. The fines from speeding and parking etc stay with the car even after a change of ownership. So if you got stopped by the Guardia Civil or Policia Local or Policia Nacional (yes they have three police forces) and if there was outstanding fines you get stuck with them. Where is the car or how far to the ferry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ccmp

Thanks for replies. Nvd can’t help.
    Car is in Malaga so you’re looking at 1000 km up to Bilbao and then boat across to Rosslare. If I did it myself I’d make a holiday of it.
    It’s a bit more of a leap of faith than a skip across to Uk and drive back.
    Point taken with the fines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

I did this a few years back... here was my thread ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96280253

PM sent..

Advertisement