Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Invited to like Facebook page

Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,272 mod Wearb

I recently liked a post on a FB page and now got an invitation to like the page.

This invitation is phrased as if the owner sent the request. I've had these before, but suspect that it's an auto response by FB.
    Can anyone shed more light on this ?

🚑️ Please continue to follow public health advice 🙏

Comments

• Any time someone likes a post on my business account I send them a friend request.

Not automated. I just invite. Them to like the page.

If I could automate it I'd love to to that. Would save time etc

• As far as I know that has to be done manually. Who ever is managing the page sees the new post likes and invites the person to like the page.

• sugarman20 wrote: »
    As far as I know that has to be done manually. Who ever is managing the page sees the new post likes and invites the person to like the page.

I get notified by FB to say that John Smith has liked my post/ video etc and when I click on the notification it lists who has liked my post with an invite button beside each one.

• zoobizoo wrote: »
    I get notified by FB to say that John Smith has liked my post/ video etc and when I click on the notification it lists who has liked my post with an invite button beside each one.

That's not so bad then. At least the page owner has a hand in the request.

🚑️ Please continue to follow public health advice 🙏

• Wearb wrote: »
    That's not so bad then. At least the page owner has a hand in the request.

Yeah I try not to invite people to like the page too soon after they've liked a post or an ad in case they think that it has been automated

• Advertisement
Advertisement