Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free GoPro

Options
  • 02-02-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to get a GoPro and my Son is heading to Vegas for a weeks holiday, so I am thinking of getting him to get one in the duty free.
    Has anyone here purchased a camera duty free. Is the savings worth it. Would it be better to purchase in Dublin on the way out or in JFK. What is the story with guarantee's
    If anyone has experience doing this I would appricate any advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I would check prices in the US first before buying in duty free you might get some deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

B1gft wrote: »
    Hi,
    I want to get a GoPro and my Son is heading to Vegas for a weeks holiday, so I am thinking of getting him to get one in the duty free.
    Has anyone here purchased a camera duty free. Is the savings worth it. Would it be better to purchase in Dublin on the way out or in JFK. What is the story with guarantee's
    If anyone has experience doing this I would appricate any advice.
    Thanks

To be honest duty free is very little if any of a saving these days.

If he knows what the price is in a shop here before he goes to duty free, the cheapest/best option would be to order from B&H in New York and have it sent to his Vegas hotel, this will avoid state tax.

B&H are one of the best retailers for photographers - check out the website www.bhphotovideo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

€480 GoPro webshop vs. $400 B&H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

GoPro Hero 8 Black

Irish Retail : €425
    B&H NY : $349 (€318.75)
    BestBuy LV: $349 (+8% Sales Tax)

Regarding guarantee it would have to go back to place of purchase but to be honest I've never heard of one of these being sent back. They're pretty tough and trouble free. You'd have to be very unlucky to get a bogey one..

Advertisement