Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Bought An Angle Grinder, Today

Options
  • 01-02-2020 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Under thirty quid, off Screwfix. Pat bought a Power Plane. Same price.

I want to sizzle a couple of mm off an eight by three inch bit of post concrete. Pat wants to shave a bit of wood. €29.00 or €290.00? Christ, how we chewed our lips and wrung our hands over our final decisions! ;)

Comments

Stigura wrote: »
    Under thirty quid, off Screwfix. Pat bought a Power Plane. Same price.

I want to sizzle a couple of mm off an eight by three inch bit of post concrete. Pat wants to shave a bit of wood. €29.00 or €290.00? Christ, how we chewed our lips and wrung our hands over our final decisions! ;)

This one?

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/mac-allister-msag750-750w-4-electric-angle-grinder-220-240v/970gf

Basic enough but it'll get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Yeppers. That's the one :) If it does this one job; I'll be happy.

I've got this hulking great, 9" Hitachi. But, that's in my 'stand'. It took me all night of manful struggle to get it onto the damn thing. No Way I'd be taking it out again. Rather buy this thing. And, anyway; The big disc would chop the box apart.

Without getting too involved: I have a little, cement box, set in the ground. Only, it came out a couple of mm too tight. I nearly got there with a carborundum stone. But, ye know how soul destroying that is, when there's cheap little grinders to be had! :D

Surprisingly satisfactory reviews, hasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I bought a cordless one in screw fix last year. I got clamped in maynooth at 2 a.m and they wanted 120 euro so I went out and bought one for 115 euro and whipped the clamp off. Its in the boot now. Haven't used it since but ready to do so if needed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

LMFAO! That's bloody brilliant!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

�� Did they ever chase up after it for the damages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I bought a cordless one in screw fix last year. I got clamped in maynooth at 2 a.m and they wanted 120 euro so I went out and bought one for 115 euro and whipped the clamp off. Its in the boot now. Haven't used it since but ready to do so if needed!!

More to the point where did you source the grinder at 2 in the morning.

Advertisement