Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send TV signal wirelessly

Options
  • 01-02-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hey Guys.

Im sure this has been covered, but i want to send my signla wirelessly across the room, instead of running a long cable.

So the TV box is down on the floor in one corner of the room, and at the moment, the TV is beside it. But I want to put the TV over the opposite side of the doorway. And I know i can just run the cables over the doorway etc, but what do i i need to plau a device into the box in the wall and send it to the signal across the room and into the back of the Virgin box ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

there is lots of different "wireless hdmi transmitter receiver" units (google whats in brackets) but theyre quite expensive for good ones and and, In my experience, theyre a bit fiddly. Do you really want the hassle of having it not work for the wife or kids?

These are also mainly used in big halls where its a requirement, for your situation you are massively over-engineering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

Thanks for that. So you think the best thing is to get extra long wires and staple them around the door frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Can you move the Virgin box?

If I remember, the take either a coax cable or an Ethernet, both are easily available in long cable lengths and easier to run than a HDMI.

Can you cable up through the ceiling and chase the cable across? Or use homeplugs to transmit your broadband?

Thanks for that. So you think the best thing is to get extra long wires and staple them around the door frame?

A lot of Door frames in ireland can easily have a cable shoved behind them, they are rarely flush. but essentially yes, just run a cable and possibly paint it to match.

A lot of Door frames in ireland can easily have a cable shoved behind them, they are rarely flush. but essentially yes, just run a cable and possibly paint it to match.

You can also easily run it in the wall and accross the wooden frames. bit of polyfilla and sandpaper and its seamless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement