Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing my Pharmacist after last experience

Options
  • 01-02-2020 11:05am

I went in the other day with a prescription.
    Pharmacy was busy and nearly could'nt take anymore people.
    After queuing for 10 minutes, I submitted my prescription.
    Staff member said it would take 15 minutes to process, fair enough. I left them with the prescription and went out.
    After 15 minutes I returned, only to find the shop still crowded.
    Left again. Came back after 20 minutes. Same member of staff who served me initially said she would now go and get the medicine and left the counter.
    leaving me waiting 2 minutes.
    Member of staff returned and processed our exchange in scripted fashion.

NO, IT IS NOT OK for Customer Service to go to shyte in busy periods Mr Pharmacist.

The only other nearby pharmacy would have had to order the product, but I am welcoming them with open arms and will ask them to order it rather than attend above apothecary the next time round.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Ok

• I think Facebook would be a more fitting place for such a rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bigdig69

xieann wrote: »
    Staff member said it would take 15 minutes to process, fair enough. I left them with the prescription and went out.
    Left again. Came back after 20 minutes. Same member of staff who served me initially said she would now go and get the medicine and left the counter.

NO, IT IS NOT OK for Customer Service to go to shyte in busy periods Mr Pharmacist.

The only other nearby pharmacy would have had to order the product, but I am welcoming them with open arms and will ask them to order it rather than attend above apothecary the next time round.

Sure sounds like you need that medication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

U OK hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Do you want your pharmacist to make a mistake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you had to wait approx 30 minutes for your medication? Wow you must have been livid what with suffering with this diabolical 1st world problem....30 minutes....oh the humanity:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Im interested to know how you think that your exchange with the pharmacy SHOULD have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It'll be difficult but one day you'll get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Maybe the prescription was ready after the 15 mins... not the pharmacists fault that you decided to leave for another 20 mins instead of speaking to a staff member cos the shop looked crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I for one am astounded to learn that assholery can be treated by prescription!

I am off to my GP forthwith to seek research, diagnosis and a similar prescription to the OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Omg u ok hon? Inbox me xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

I'm nit exaggerating here but you really should talk to Joe Duffy about this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Talk to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They often aren't great places for waiting around, tiny shops no seats, heat on, you're in winter clothes.
    Lots of people milling about with no real place to wait \ queue.
    What would seem trivial in another environment can get to you there.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

The place was out the door and you are ranting about having to wait.

Was the prescription for prozac by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,325 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

And you paying for that medication with your hard earned cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

The "are we the baddies" meme would be kinda appropriate for the OP at this point

Look folks, this is what people are like. Some people genuinely believe that they should automatically go to the head of any queue. There’s lots of them about now. It’s part of the entitlement culture that we’re “enjoying”at the moment.
    For some people they feel they are being discriminated against if they are not prioritized.
    There’s no logic to it.
    I find that it is the people who actually DO have a case to say that they should be seen next who are will sit quietly and wait without comment or complaint.

Speaking as a pharmacist, safety is the most important thing. Maybe, the waiting time could have been handled a little better but I'd never compromise patient safety by speeding up my checking to deal with an impatient customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I saw the tread title and reckoned the pharmacist publicly belittled the OP in the crowded shop and now the OP’s private medical information was the talk of the town.

It wasn’t nearly as interesting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

This is absolute nonsense. Most people have the decency to leave it in and get it the next day. You're like those people who rock into the GP looking for a repeat script and expecting them to do it there and then. Pharmacies have a chair for a reason. If you want it there and then you either sit and wait or come back later or the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I suspect the pharmacist won't be too sorry to see you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Perhaps theres a good reason as to why that pharmacy was more busy than the other one who you say would have to order in your script, would that not entail a further wait till the next day!

splinter65 wrote: »
    Look folks, this is what people are like. Some people genuinely believe that they should automatically go to the head of any queue. There’s lots of them about now. It’s part of the entitlement culture that we’re “enjoying”at the moment.
    For some people they feel they are being discriminated against if they are not prioritized.
    There’s no logic to it.
    I find that it is the people who actually DO have a case to say that they should be seen next who are will sit quietly and wait without comment or complaint.

you know what? Unfortunately you are correct. The sense of being hard done by here is unreal. At least the OP is not a foreigner claiming it is racist. I have seen that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am not sure this thread is panning out as the OP expected.

you know what? Unfortunately you are correct. The sense of being hard done by here is unreal. At least the OP is not a foreigner claiming it is racist. I have seen that as well.

I have seen that and I have also come across non foreigners eventually being served on a very busy morning and pointing out in an exasperated manner that we should “look after our own first” or some such nonsense.

splinter65 wrote: »
    I have seen that and I have also come across non foreigners eventually being served on a very busy morning and pointing out in an exasperated manner that we should “look after our own first” or some such nonsense.
    LOL, yep, I have seen that to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭NSAman

Thankfully you got the Xanax and all is ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

So in order to avoid a one time occurence of a 35 minute wait, which you induced most of yourself, you're going to wait a day to spite the pharmacist. Good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

now you have had time to cool off and read what most people have said i wonder are you rethinking your initial (over) reaction?

1st up they said it will take 15 mins, and it did take longer than that, so a mild feeling of irritation is probably justified. But that has to be balanced by the fact they were very busy and doing their best. Plus lets be honest 15 minutes was an estimate, not an appointment. And you can lash out a burger or a deli order etc, but when dispensing medication if does require a level of preciseness that requires they take their time. IE when its busy they cannot speed up the process.

did you expect a fulsome apology etc? What remedy did you feel they should have used that they did not?

i would suggest that if it is a busy pharmacy, and or understaffed, perhaps switching to another pharmacy might be a good idea. IMO the most important things i look for are good knowledgeable staff, the fact they know me and my prescription and perhaps to a lesser degree price on regular OTC items, like cold remedy medicines etc. Time to wait really isn't a big factor, but i suppose if i was going to pharmacy at a busy time, and i could use a less busy one, that wasn't out of my way, i would consider it. But a small part of me would still wonder why it wasn't as busy .... if they are close by each other!

Advertisement